What's new

Game Thread Jun 16, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 06-16-21

I hope Don yells at those guys that it's not over yet. 2 games a very doable! I ain't sweatin'. This is exciting, they feeling the heat now!

Cmon dude, you calling Rudy a diva on/off the court and neglecting his impact on the team is ridiculous. At this point, those statements is just hating. Reminds me of jom2003 last year with Conley. Appreciate Rudy for what he does and brings to the team.

We are easy to scheme against at this point. Conley completely changes the dynamic of this team, both on offense and defense (particuarly this year). An injured Donovan doesn't help either. He is probably at 50% now. It sucks.
I'm not saying Rudy is trash. I'm saying his impact isn't great against small teams. If we could find a way to keep him AND add what we need on the perimeter, I would do it.

But he is such a large chunk of our cap that I just don't see how we can continue to partner him with Don. Just doesn't work in the today's NBA playoffs.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I’ve been commenting on here alot throughout the games I’m from Australia why is it that Utah can’t attract a big name player and when they draft a player and they become stars they have to pay through the nose to keep them but then they don’t have enough money to get anyone else to compliment them

I really thought the moronic "Rudy is a liability on offense" takes would go away when the Jazz's offense blasted the rest of the league this season. Gobert's screening and roll gravity is what makes everything work.

Are you even a Jazz fan?
and where has that been?

Just going to log off of JFC for now.

Y'all are being ridiculous. Appreciate how this team fought.

Mitchell is out here gritting it out like a ************. Props to him. He's trying his hardest.

Gobert is doing everything he can to defend the entire court. His energy in the 2nd half kept the game close when it would have been a blowout otherwise.

Props to O'Neale for playing his *** off on D when he knows there is no one on Utah who can help him on the perimeter.

**** injuries, that is all.
We could not win at home against a Kawhi-less Clippers. How can we complain about injuries? We won at home without Conley. Mitchell is hurt but playing while Kawhi is out.

#1 in the season only to be in this position is not over-reacting; it is calling a spade a spade.

I really thought the moronic "Rudy is a liability on offense" takes would go away when the Jazz's offense blasted the rest of the league this season. Gobert's screening and roll gravity is what makes everything work.

Are you even a Jazz fan?
Of course I am. Where was this gravity the last 4 postseasons? Are you watching the games?

In the regular season, Joe and Don and Conley run all these screen and rolls for Rudy to get easy dunks. In the playoffs, those lanes are closed. It takes Rudy too long on the roll to get to where he needs to get in the paint. The defense stretches it out way past 3.

Yall act like Conley is the only guy who can run a pnr with Rudy. He's not.

Clips certainly have a more talented and we'll rounded team. I felt we had the better coach but maybe that's also not the case. A healthy Conley would help but I'm not sure he's enough. Just solid adjustments and execution by the clips. Jazz, well we're still waiting for those adjustments. Time to show that hole card Quin.

Yep. We are on the verge of being the least successful 1 seed in quite a while. It sucks bad.
It's not because we were pretenders. It's because we only had 1.5 of our 3 all stars.

It's a shame Don is hobbling. Real damn shame.

If it was Steph with an ankle and Klay out, the media would be giving us a free pass. Instead, we will be toyed with and mocked.

I have been saying that Ersan should play over Miye Oni for sure and maybe Niang, but now I think he should come in as the back-up center instead of Favors. I really like Favors and usually he does a few things at the end of games to help the Jazz win. But in this series he is providing no defense and no offense. At least Ersan can contribute on offense and his defensive impact won’t be any worse than Favors.

We could not win at home against a Kawhi-less Clippers. How can we complain about injuries? We won at home without Conley. Mitchell is hurt but playing while Kawhi is out.

#1 in the season only to be in this position is not over-reacting; it is calling a spade a spade.
Lue is dog walking Snyder

Thats what I'm saying. His offense AND his defense can be schemed out.

It's modern day basketball and Rudy is left guarding Jackson, Batum, Morris. When he gets blown by, another guy is wide open.

On offense, his screen doesn't matter because they rotate before he can get to the only spot where he can score - 3 feet.

Mitchell has been schemed out. Kawhi and PG has been schemed out. It almost always gives advantage to the other players. It's on others to take advantage.

Remember the sentiment when Clips first busted out the zone. We all thought that wasn't sustainable because Jazz have great shooters and that threat opens up driving gaps that we can attack plus Rudy is there if they miss. It didn't happen though, Jazz got stagnant, played iso ball and no one stepped up consistently. Focus and blame should naturally be on ballhandlers. Rudy has his limitations on offense for sure but he still has his gravity. When we attacked the rim 3-4 times, he got putbacks, when we don't he battles 2 guys plus guys crashing down from perimeter. It's not really possible to get offensive rebounds if guards can't break down the defense.

On defense. It's just the nature of perimeter defense. Simmons, the best perimeter defender in the league right now, gets 39 put on him, Kawhi looked ridiculous against Mitch at times. Giannis got punked, Jrue turned into Bledsoe. Everyone gets scored on the perimeter and Rudy doesn't even have the benefit of rim protection behind him. He is still playing great defense. Guys score it happens, Jazz need better defense from everyone else. Just like Mitchell can't carry the whole offense, Rudy can't stop everyone.