What's new

Junior Seau found dead at his California home

//r00t 4 Jazz

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-...120394.html;_ylt=AtXyo_Q6mtq.lTpe31cc5Bk5nYcB

Pro football great and Oceanside sports legend Junior Seau has apparently committed suicide, found by a housekeeper with a gunshot wound to the chest, according to multiple sources.
Oceanside Mayor Jim Wood said he learned of the death from police Chief Frank McCoy.
Police responded to Seau's home on The Strand on Wednesday after receiving a call about a reported suicide. The San Diego County medical examiner's office said an investigator was sent to the scene.

If I remember I think a year or two a go he tried to commit suicide by driving his car off a cliff. Just weird to remember him in his days with San Diego and even was still pretty good with MIA and NE, makes me wonder if they'll to tests and try to see if it could be tied to the law suites about concussions and brain trauma to retired NFL players.

A gun shot to the chest is somewhat bizarre, especially for a male. Men tend to shoot themselves in the head to make sure the job gets done with one shot. It would make me a little suspicious of it being a suicide.

RIP JR.

I hated this guy on the field. (i'm a Broncos Fan) But I respected the way he played the game. They were talking about this a little on the radio and mentioned that a lot of athletes don't handle the transition from sports athlete to everyday joe all that well. It makes some sense to me. You work most of your life to do one thing then it's gone. What do you do with yourself then?

Don't forget that he "fell asleep" a couple of years ago and drove his SUV off a cliff a couple years ago.

RIP JR.

I hated this guy on the field. (i'm a Broncos Fan) But I respected the way he played the game. They were talking about this a little on the radio and mentioned that a lot of athletes don't handle the transition from sports athlete to everyday joe all that well. It makes some sense to me. You work most of your life to do one thing then it's gone. What do you do with yourself then?

Totally agree and believe this statement.

Man that is sad. I liked how he played the game. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with head injuries from his football career.

Shows money and fame can't buy happiness. Sounds like the guy kind of had a ****ty personal life with his divorce and what not.

A gun shot to the chest is somewhat bizarre, especially for a male. Men tend to shoot themselves in the head to make sure the job gets done with one shot. It would make me a little suspicious of it being a suicide.

Dave Duerson, who played for the Bears in the Jim McMahon era, committed suicide a year ago in this manner specifically so his brain could be studied for signs of brain damage due to some sort of chronic traumatic injury syndrome

https://www.suntimes.com/sports/5141748-419/study-dave-duerson-had-brain-damage-at-time-of-suicide.html

very sad