What's new

Juzang Samanic

homeytennis

The Jazz signed Johnny Juzang to a two way contract this morning and gave Luka Samanic the first of the guarantees in his contract which is worth $400,000. According to Woj a two way is worth $502,000 so it's quite a bit more lucrative than an Exhibit 10 assuming the E10 doesn't make the final roster.

Yeesh. I sorta-kinda see an argument for Samanic, even though after summer league it seemed like he's best-suited to play team ninnyhammer. But I just don't see a place for Juzang at all.

Yeesh. I sorta-kinda see an argument for Samanic, even though after summer league it seemed like he's best-suited to play team ninnyhammer. But I just don't see a place for Juzang at all.
Maybe there is a big trade in the works. The DM trade wasn't done until about September 1 if I recall.

Maybe there is a big trade in the works. The DM trade wasn't done until about September 1 if I recall.
I mean. Neither of these decisions seems especially out of place. I think most would’ve expected both Samanic and Juzang had done enough to get an invite to training camp. They’re both young, bottom of the roster guys. DA/Hardy are going to give them a chance to develop and either show they should stick longer or move on. Personally, I’d send them both down to the Stars (along with Potter, Hauser, Justice and Kinsey) and see how they do there.

I mean. Neither of these decisions seems especially out of place. I think most would’ve expected both Samanic and Juzang had done enough to get an invite to training camp. They’re both young, bottom of the roster guys. DA/Hardy are going to give them a chance to develop and either show they should stick longer or move on. Personally, I’d send them both down to the Stars (along with Potter, Hauser, Justice and Kinsey) and see how they do there.
My gut is that the Jazz have too many OK players on the roster. I would think it could be a coaching nightmare to find enough playing time to keep everyone happy. I could see some guys getting shopped to alleviate the log jam.

Hauser is trash.

I like Samanic for what he gets paid. His defense is decent on SFs and he can get to the hoop fairly well.

I don’t see anything special, but they signed him to a 2-way contract. DA must see something he likes. If he can’t show something with the Stars, cycle that 2-way contract until you find someone who can.
I suspect they signed him based on his brother Sam's potential and his 41.6 3 point shooting percentage in college. If he's a great shooter, we never saw it in Summer League. I always remember Trae Young in Summer League sucked. Hopefully after some G-League time Hauser figures it out.

Hauser reminded me of Oliver Hanlan's time in Summer League after the Jazz had expended a pretty high second round pick on him. Maybe he will figure it out.