What's new

Kanter = 20/10 MACHINE

Once he develops to that point.

He's averaging 5pts and 5 boards in 14 minutes. Keep in mind that the Jazz don't run plays for him. I think Kanter can average 12/10 in 30 minutes right now no problem. 20/10 is probably a couple of years off, but I think the Jazz should get rid of Fat Al as soon as possible. They should get a decent forth big, and bump Kanter's minutes to match Favors'.

He's averaging 5pts and 5 boards in 14 minutes. Keep in mind that the Jazz don't run plays for him. I think Kanter can average 12/10 in 30 minutes right now no problem. 20/10 is probably a couple of years off, but I think the Jazz should get rid of Fat Al as soon as possible. They should get a decent forth big, and bump Kanter's minutes to match Favors'.

Oh don't get me wrong. I am very high on Kanter and I think he will be a 20/10 guy with good D. All I was saying that if you removed Al he would not be a 20/10 guy right now. It will come though. Same with Favors. They are going to kill people down low. Two young, tough, physical 20/10 guys that play good D.

Favors? I'm off that bandwagon. Too timid, too scared, too one dimensional. Koonter has made more improvement in less than half a season of NBA ball than Favors has made in his entire career. I have no desire to see Favors minutes increase, and would be happy to see him as our third big man off the bench.

They do run plays for both him and Kanter. It's the same play they run for Big Al and Milsap. The low post play...where the gaurd screens underneath the basket to get Kanter free for a low post move

...he'll never average 20 and 10, not at the rate he's fouling people!

He averages 2.8 fouls per 30 minutes. That's one of the lowest rates for the Jazz. It is a bit higher than Jefferson (2.6) since AJ doesn't believe in defense. I'm guessing you're just making things up.

Favors? I'm off that bandwagon. Too timid, too scared, too one dimensional. Koonter has made more improvement in less than half a season of NBA ball than Favors has made in his entire career. I have no desire to see Favors minutes increase, and would be happy to see him as our third big man off the bench.

I still don't get this myth on Jazzfanz that Favors is timid or scared. He just isn't a very expressive person. I see him going hard, getting rebounds, making aggressive moves. He never hesitates to shoot the ball when he is open from 18 feet and in. I think he already has some pretty good moves considering how raw he is as a prospect.

I think you have to be excited about both Favors and Kanter going forward. BTW, both guys seem to play very well together.

I still don't get this myth on Jazzfanz that Favors is timid or scared.
It's funny how quickly people get down on Favors and Hayward. Next year the same thing will happen with Kanter and Burks. If promising rookies don't make a quantum leap nn their 2nd-year they have a hard time surviving message board fodder.

The past 2 weeks I've seen a much more aggressive Favors - particularly at the offensive end. Of course, there's been mixed results at that end - but a big question in my mind was if Favors had it in him to be an above-average scorer - and he's been showing more aggression at the offensive end recently.

It's funny how quickly people get down on Favors and Hayward. Next year the same thing will happen with Kanter and Burks. If promising rookies don't make a quantum leap nn their 2nd-year they have a hard time surviving message board fodder.

The past 2 weeks I've seen a much more aggressive Favors - particularly at the offensive end. Of course, there's been mixed results at that end - but a big question in my mind was if Favors had it in him to be an above-average scorer - and he's been showing more aggression at the offensive end recently.

Sophomore slumps are pretty common in the NBA. I am not worried about either guy to be honest.

He averages 2.8 fouls per 30 minutes. That's one of the lowest rates for the Jazz. It is a bit higher than Jefferson (2.6) since AJ doesn't believe in defense. I'm guessing you're just making things up.

....I suspect opposing teams will exploit his weakness even more if he got the playing time.....you can count on him fouling more, perhaps at a prolific rate!

Considering his age and defensive intensity, I find Kanter's ability to play without getting into foul trouble nothing short of amazing.

Is it 20pts and 10 rebounds or 20 rebounds and 10pts? I bet Kanter has a 20 rebound 10 point game before he has 20pts 10 rebound game! My guess is if he was given 30 minutes a game he would average 15 and 15, he still needs more of an offensive game to be averaging 20pts a game!