What's new

Karl Antony Towns

KAT is phenomenally talented. Mentally, he’s on the other end of the spectrum from Gobert, Mitchell, and Snyder.

Maybe we could then trade Mitchell for Devin Booker and Ingles for Melo.

I am a firm believer that no one is untouchable. That said, Gobert is untouchable.

[/thread]

[delete thread]

"Hey guys, remember how great this team is and how much we love it? Anyway, here's how we can destroy that."

-Jazzfanz for the last week

Whoa... that isn’t the only thing we discussed this week... we also talked about weird sexual things and the human butt.

KAT is great. The game has passed Thibs by. I really don’t think I could do the trade but Minny is not a great place for developing players right now.

They should move on from Thibs before making a huge mistake.

Our identity is too wrapped up in Rudy and he has embraced the team, the culture, and leading by example. I love him too much to consider getting a guy like KAT. I think he’s a good dude but not sure if he lives and dies to win like Rudy.

Hell no. Rudy is a superstar. And he's a superstar that WANTS to be here. He is (and should be) completely untouchable in trade discussions. Same goes for DM.

I wouldn’t really think of trading Rudy if he would like to become a franchise player. He means a lot more than just his skillset to the team. Building around Mitchell and Gobert would be the best case scenario right now.

but not Mitchell????
I didn't say anything about Mitchell. Why do you *** ume things? The conversation centered around trading Gobert, no one mentioned Mitchell. If you would like to discuss trading Mitchell then you can make a thread for that purpose.

I didn't say anything about Mitchell. Why do you *** ume things? The conversation centered around trading Gobert, no one mentioned Mitchell. If you would like to discuss trading Mitchell then you can make a thread for that purpose.

Maybe I missed something but you said no one is untouchable but Gobert. Apologies.

Surprised.. Everybody pretty low on KAT.... Let me play Devil's Advocate. Metrically, hes better on paper than Rudy.

He's 3 Years younger, on a much cheaper contract, and not coming off two knee injuries.
His VORP is 5.5 (Gobert 2.9).
He had the 10th highest PER in the league (24.9, Gobert was 22nd at 20.7)
He had a higher BPM (5.5 to 4.3)
Higher Win Share Rate
More Rebounds.
More Assists.
Only "traditional" stat he doesnt beat RG in is Blocks, but he still gets 1.4 a game.

He shot 42% on 3.5 3pt attempts per game (!!!)

KAT Shoots 86% from the FT line, making his TS% nearly identical to Rudy's, while having a much higher USG%
On that note, his usage is much higher than Rudys, yet he turns it over less than Rudy does.

And he played all 82 games for the 3rd season in a row (!!!) while Rudy was hit with 2 knee injuries (something perhaps not discussed enough, and a chance to be a reoccurring problem with big lankys like Rudy) forcing him to miss nearly a third of the season for the 2nd time in the last 3 years.

People mention KAT's not good defensively. While he's not Rudy (no one is), he had a +1.1 dBPM, which is above average, and averaged over 12 rebs a game (Rudy at just over 10).
Meanwhile, Rudy's offensive BPM was a NEGATIVE (-0.3) while KAT posted a POSITIVE (4.4) offensively.

Would i trade Gobert for KAT 1-1? Probably, TBH, but I'd probably have to pull the trigger with my eyes closed. Rudy is committed, fiery, and is a fan favorite. That said I actually really like KAT, hell just a year ago he averaged 25 & 12 over an 82 games-played season.

I don't scoff at the idea as much as the rest of you i guess.

Surprised.. Everybody pretty low on KAT.... Let me play Devil's Advocate. Metrically, hes better on paper than Rudy.

He's 3 Years younger, on a much cheaper contract, and not coming off two knee injuries.
His VORP is 5.5 (Gobert 2.9).
He had the 10th highest PER in the league (24.9, Gobert was 22nd at 20.7)
He had a higher BPM (5.5 to 4.3)
Higher Win Share Rate
More Rebounds.
More Assists.
Only "traditional" stat he doesnt beat RG in is Blocks, but he still gets 1.4 a game.

He shot 42% on 3.5 3pt attempts per game (!!!)

KAT Shoots 86% from the FT line, making his TS% nearly identical to Rudy's, while having a much higher USG%
On that note, his usage is much higher than Rudys, yet he turns it over less than Rudy does.

And he played all 82 games for the 3rd season in a row (!!!) while Rudy was hit with 2 knee injuries (something perhaps not discussed enough, and a chance to be a reoccurring problem with big lankys like Rudy) forcing him to miss nearly a third of the season for the 2nd time in the last 3 years.

People mention KAT's not good defensively. While he's not Rudy (no one is), he had a +1.1 dBPM, which is above average, and averaged over 12 rebs a game (Rudy at just over 10).
Meanwhile, Rudy's offensive BPM was a NEGATIVE (-0.3) while KAT posted a POSITIVE (4.4) offensively.

Would i trade Gobert for KAT 1-1? Probably, TBH, but I'd probably have to pull the trigger with my eyes closed. Rudy is committed, fiery, and is a fan favorite. That said I actually really like KAT, hell just a year ago he averaged 25 & 12 over an 82 games-played season.

I don't scoff at the idea as much as the rest of you i guess.

Mate you’re obsessed with all these little numbers. Just watch their games and you’ll see KAT is weak as pi$$ on one half of the court and that without Jimmy Butler they’re not close to playoffs. KAT couldn’t carry Rudy’s jock

Mate you’re obsessed with all these little numbers. Just watch their games and you’ll see KAT is weak as pi$$ on one half of the court and that without Jimmy Butler they’re not close to playoffs. KAT couldn’t carry Rudy’s jock

Nobody wins alone in this league. That said, during butlers injury stretch, he averaged 25 & 13 and kept the wolves afloat at 9 & 9 against 11 playoff teams.

I feel confident he’d only improve under quin. He’s only one year older than Donovan FFS.

Rudy is pretty weak on one end of the floor as well. Good teams make us play 4 on 5 offensively because he can’t catch passes and can’t score outside of put backs. The numbers show that KAT is a net positive defensively. Rudy is a net negative offensively.

I personally wouldn't do it, but Gobert for Kat is not a bad trade. Kat is an unbelievable talent playing for a one-dimensional coaching idiot who sucks the life out of his players and generally underachieves year after year. I wouldn't trade Gobert for anyone because I believe he will come back much better than ever offensively and will continue to improve because he wants to.