What's new

Keyonte George Hype & Appreciation Thread

Keyonte has averaged 13.3 potential assists in the 3 games he has started, while averaging less than 28 minutes.

No one in the NBA last year averaged that much while playing less than 30 MPG. Westbrook was the best sub 30 MPG guy with 12.6 potential assists in 29.1 minutes (and ended up with 7.6 APG).

Those 13.3 potential assists per game would have ranked 10th in the entire NBA last season (min 10 games).

Last edited:
Nothing reminds me of this gif more than some of these threads on jazzfanz:

duty_calls.png

Keyonte currently ranked 8 on the nba.com rookie ladder

https://www.nba.com/news/kia-rookie-ladder-nov-15-2023-edition
This appears to be written before he was a starter - or before the writer really spent time analyzing his games as a starter. The visionary assist clinic he's put on over the past three games would change both the ranking (by 1 or 2 spots) and the content of the post, where he seems to hedge on his belief as to whether Keyonte has distribution skills or not. It's clear he does.

This appears to be written before he was a starter - or before the writer really spent time analyzing his games as a starter. The visionary assist clinic he's put on over the past three games would change both the ranking (by 1 or 2 spots) and the content of the post, where he seems to hedge on his belief as to whether Keyonte has distribution skills or not. It's clear he does.
It specifically mentions him averaging 9 ast/game in his 3 starts, so looks up to date to me.

Does George keep starting once Kessler comes back or go to the bench? I think he should keep starting but on the other hand we’ve looked a lot better with him starting and THT on the bench so maybe we should just bench him so we don’t win too many games.

Does George keep starting once Kessler comes back or go to the bench? I think he should keep starting but on the other hand we’ve looked a lot better with him starting and THT on the bench so maybe we should just bench him so we don’t win too many games.
Ummm 1000% yes unless Hardy is a dunce. Ya boi Ochai is headed to the pine.

Of course he keeps starting. Why would kessler effect keyonte?

He gained his starting job when Kessler left the lineup. I’m assuming he keeps the job, but you never know.
Actually he was still on the bench when kessler went out iirc. (I might be wrong)
Edit: I was wrong. Looked it up and the first game kessler was out was the first game george started.

Last edited:
He gained his starting job when Kessler left the lineup. I’m assuming he keeps the job, but you never know.

Actually he was still on the bench when kessler went out iirc. (I might be wrong)
Edit: I was wrong. Looked it up and the first game kessler was out was the first game george started.
Kessler went out at the same time THT went to the bench, with Ochai and Keyonte starting. Ochai returns to the bench. I’d imagine Lauri / Collins / Kessler looks better with George than THT.

Kessler went out at the same time THT went to the bench, with Ochai and Keyonte starting. Ochai returns to the bench. I’d imagine Lauri / Collins / Kessler looks better with George than THT.
Agreed. I wish starting lineups were dependent on the opponent. I know that is never how any coach does it and im sure its for good reason but i would like to see how it would work if Kessler started against teams with players who are a load down in the paint and ochai starts with a smaller more finesse team or whatever. Never gonna happen though.

I would like to see more of the current lineup personally. Might be on hill by myself though.