What's new

Khris Middleton

Jazz4ever

He is flying under the radar but is becoming an elite three point shooting (.442) SG/SF. He is rated as the 3rd best SG via RPM, the power of the 3 pt shot....
He is a restricted free agent at the end of this year, and the Bucks might not be able to afford him. They're at 50 million before Knight and Middleton. Would have to throw away a first rounder to scuttle Sanders or Mayo's contract. At 23 Middleton would fit perfectly age wise with the core. I could see the Jazz going after him.

A really solid idea, actually. What's his defense like?

Deserving or not, I always take guys like this that play in the east with a grain of salt.

I am extremely on board with this idea. Just talked myself into the idea of him being the most important off-season target.

Not sure I would go over 7/year though, and I think Bucks would match.

I am extremely on board with this idea. Just talked myself into the idea of him being the most important off-season target.

Not sure I would go over 7/year though, and I think Bucks would match.

He's been solid for a while. Had him on my fantasy team last year, loved him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjxwx5IKlWM

I like his jumper. Doesn't jump much, but very quick and very good balance.

We can't go after anyone if we retain Kanter for a lot, right?

Even more reason why we should at least attempt to flip Kanter for something good.

I'd rather get someone like Stauskas, then take a chance on Middleton. Seems to me we would be better off that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toDckD41Jk0

"DowntoBuck" who does the best highlight videos on youtube says he is a good defender I trust him as he obviously watches a lot of basketball and his favorite team is the Bucks.

Ah, I remember this dude. Haven't seen him play in the NBA at all. He was a crafty dude at A&M and couldn't shoot well. I'd guess he's average defender at best in the NBA but idk - it's been a few years. Just remember him having injury problems and not being incredibly quick. His size was big compared to most college wings so that helped him. Doesn't have that advantage in the NBA. Anyways, that's like a 5 year old scouting report. I'll watch these highlights now.

We can't go after anyone if we retain Kanter for a lot, right?

Even more reason why we should at least attempt to flip Kanter for something good.

I'd rather get someone like Stauskas, then take a chance on Middleton. Seems to me we would be better off that way.
Good point. With the cap hold for Kanter and our #1 pick, we'll be at $68M in salaries (before adding in our exceptions). Could possibly free up enough space by not picking up the option on Booker and finding someone to take on Novak's final year. To then make an offer, we'd also have to renounce our MLE. I see trades as a more viable option to acquire players. Just don't see Utah giving up valuable assets to make an offer to a RFA, then probably winding up with nothing when the other team matches - or having to pay a huge premium to make sure the other team doesn't match.

I've been really high on him for a while... I wonder how much money he will command in free agency...

838d62d980f1e4bca0b69a8c0dcb7b24a76cdf52_middletons-percentiles.png

Those are all great measurements for 3 and D guy...

Just watching highlights he looks like the least athletic person in the NBA. His feet get like 2 inches off the ground when he jumps. But his shot looks good.

Wasn't he benched for defensive purposes this season for some time?