What's new

Khris Middleton

Middleton has an awesome wing-span and he has the potential to be a defender.

Is he quick laterally? I'm not sure he'll ever be great at keeping dudes in front of him, but maybe his length would cover that up.

Middleton is currently shooting 45.1% on catch and shoot threes(2.8 attempts per game). Which ranks him 10th in the league[3PA>=2].

Doesn't look like a fluke either he shot 42.1% on 3.1 attempts last year.

I know everyone wants the best player who can do everything but those players are obviously rare and costly. Sometimes you gotta take the bad with the good. I didn't watch nearly enough game tape of Middleton but if he could complement our wings and brings a new dimension to our game(and god knows we could use one knock down shooter in our current system) I am all for going after him. Even if it means to let Enes go. Maybe even try to trade for him in a deal centered around Enes and Middleton so we can have his bird rights.

Is he quick laterally? I'm not sure he'll ever be great at keeping dudes in front of him, but maybe his length would cover that up.

Not at all. Scouts questioned his lateral quickness. Definitely not an athlete or explosive.

Middleton is currently shooting 45.1% on catch and shoot threes(2.8 attempts per game). Which ranks him 10th in the league[3PA>=2].

Doesn't look like a fluke either he shot 42.1% on 3.1 attempts last year.

I know everyone wants the best player who can do everything but those players are obviously rare and costly. Sometimes you gotta take the bad with the good. I didn't watch nearly enough game tape of Middleton but if he could complement our wings and brings a new dimension to our game(and god knows we could use one knock down shooter in our current system) I am all for going after him. Even if it means to let Enes go. Maybe even try to trade for him in a deal centered around Enes and Middleton so we can have his bird rights.

I don't think we seriously need a lockdown player in our starting line-up if we start Gobert and Favors. We would need more of a shooter in that line-up so I am all for it. We can bring a defensive perimeter guy off the bench if we seriously needed that.

A 3 & D guy would be a nice way to round out the starting 5. I guess it's just about where DL & co see us in terms of the steps... and what would it mean for Alec?

Exum, Khris (wtf on that spelling btw), Hayward, Favs, Rudy... a heck of a lot of length.

Good point. With the cap hold for Kanter and our #1 pick, we'll be at $68M in salaries (before adding in our exceptions). Could possibly free up enough space by not picking up the option on Booker and finding someone to take on Novak's final year. To then make an offer, we'd also have to renounce our MLE. I see trades as a more viable option to acquire players. Just don't see Utah giving up valuable assets to make an offer to a RFA, then probably winding up with nothing when the other team matches - or having to pay a huge premium to make sure the other team doesn't match.

If someone overpays for Kanter though it becomes worse than losing him for nothing.....now the Jazz are stuck with a guy they don't really need and becomes untradeable unless he improves a lot.

We can't go after anyone if we retain Kanter for a lot, right?

Even more reason why we should at least attempt to flip Kanter for something good.

I'd rather get someone like Stauskas, then take a chance on Middleton. Seems to me we would be better off that way.

Why? what has Stauskas done to show he is better than Middleton? I like Middleton a lot and would be fine if the Jazz pursued him at the right price. I am sure that the Bucks might be interested in Kanter since Sanders is a no go. Maybe the Jazz and Bucks could be trade partners.

Why? what has Stauskas done to show he is better than Middleton? I like Middleton a lot and would be fine if the Jazz pursued him at the right price. I am sure that the Bucks might be interested in Kanter since Sanders is a no go. Maybe the Jazz and Bucks could be trade partners.

I think you misread my post.

I'm saying I would like Stauskas and Middleton

Stauskas could be Middleton offensively in a couple years, but he is not big enough to play and guard SFs. Middleton is appealing for that reason.

Stauskas could be Middleton offensively in a couple years, but he is not big enough to play and guard SFs. Middleton is appealing for that reason.

Stauskas is a complete scrub on defense, just awful. I'm not sure he will ever be a rotation player unless he makes a large commitment to improving his defense in a major way.

Middleton is No. 1 shooting guard in Defensive RPM in the league. He has higher DWS than any wing on our roster and is well above average for the league. I don't know why he was benched, but it could have been lack of effort in a separate game or two, because his defensive play in general is good...

Stauskas is a complete scrub on defense, just awful. I'm not sure he will ever be a rotation player unless he makes a large commitment to improving his defense in a major way.

What?

He barely plays. How can you say such definitive statement about him? When have you even seen him play this year? You telling me you've watched all Sacramento games to catch the few minutes he plays?

From Bucks RealGM Forum from a thread about Khris Middleton:

I would trade Middleton for Kanter or Middleton for DMO and Pels 1st. Just two off the top of my head. As I said in the Middleton or Knight post, I feel you can get what Middleton brings as a "fit" player far easier replacing Knight and his play overall.

Center is the obvious position of weakness for the future. Henson appears to be ready, but we still have little depth at that position moving forward, so that is what I would target in any Knight or Middleton deal.

Umm, DL pls make this happen.

I am extremely on board with this idea. Just talked myself into the idea of him being the most important off-season target.

Not sure I would go over 7/year though, and I think Bucks would match.

With the soon to be quickly escalating cap/tax, I could talk myself into 4 years/35M. We'd have to renounce Kanter's rights though.