What's new

Kings buzzer beater

silesian

2022 Prediction Contest Winner
So I was killing time and decided to slow-mo the buzzer beater.

My conclusion:

Lee had the ball in his hands for ~0.4 seconds (clearly more than 0.3 left on the clock).

So it was a very tough call that was missed and Kings should not have won.

However, I doubt whether you can reverse a game based on a very careful review with a 100th second stop watch, so even though the call was wrong, I doubt the NBA will change the game decision.

Other observations (a) Clock was started ~0.2 seconds late (b) could not see if the ball was tipped, although with better video equipment they probably can focus on the rotation of the ball and see this.

So I was killing time and decided to slow-mo the buzzer beater.

My conclusion:

Lee had the ball in his hands for ~0.4 seconds (clearly more than 0.3 left on the clock).

So it was a very tough call that was missed and Kings should not have won.

However, I doubt whether you can reverse a game based on a very careful review with a 100th second stop watch, so even though the call was wrong, I doubt the NBA will change the game decision.

Other observations (a) Clock was started ~0.2 seconds late (b) could not see if the ball was tipped, although with better video equipment they probably can focus on the rotation of the ball and see this.

I think I read that the Kings feel confident they have video showing the rotation of the ball was changed as a result of being tipped. If that's the case the Kings should get the win. But I don't think the NBA would uphold the protest on the basis of the clock starting late (assuming the ball wasn't tipped already).

Still pissed about the Fisher shot. That was some bull ****.

Yeah, you couldn't catch and shoot a basketball in 0.4 seconds when the time is supposed to start as soon as the ball touches your hand. It would be nice if the NBA came up with a sensor of some sort that would automatically start the clock in late-game situations. Humans simply aren't capable of starting the clock at the exact moment the ball comes in contact with a player.