What's new

Kings Trade Cousins to the Pelicans

I think this is false and naive. there's clearly a plan.. they can have 2/3rds of their roster on rookie deals now easily, handful of young lottery picks.

all the vets $$ clears after next season... They're gonna be young and flexible..

They're in position to pick up one of the top PG's in the draft and tank in 2018 for Michael Porter jr, Luka Doncic, Ayton, Bamba or Carter..

Then they'll begin 'going for the playoffs' in 2018-2019

The Kings are gonna be the new 76ers... LOL ...

Going to be fascinating to see how NOLA do, Anthony Davis isn't exactly a great passer. This will completely show whether cousins was a victim of circumstance or the team killer some believe. Can't wait to see how it unfolds

The benefit is they start their rebuild in a good draft. Could have benefited more? Sure, but there is gain to be had for the future.

We're talking about the Kings here, though. Last player(other than Boogie) they drafted and who actually became a good starting player for them was Kevin Martin. Everyone else has either been underwhelming, a bust, or was traded away to be a star elsewhere.

I mean, I'm not sure the Kings should be banking on being rescued by the same sh*t drafting skills that got them to where they need to be rescued in the first place.

We're talking about the Kings here, though. Last player(other than Boogie) they drafted and who actually became a good starting player for them was Kevin Martin. Everyone else has either been underwhelming, a bust, or was traded away to be a star elsewhere.

I mean, I'm not sure the Kings should be banking on being rescued by the same sh*t drafting skills that got them to where they need to be rescued in the first place.

IF they get a top pick in the 2018 draft they'll be rewarded for their futility.. They can keep waiting too the 2019 or 2020 pick can get swapped but there's potential stars in those classes too..

Ric Bucher: Source w/reasons Pels got Boogie: Cs (too focussed on getting Butler), Orl (could’ve had him, balked) & Phx (Sac didn’t want BKnight)

Okay.. done in the bathroom.

Cy is delusional.

Otherwise I was surprised to see the amount of positive talk in this thread.
I view most fans more like Cy.. so kudos to the rest of you guys for being able to think with your head outside your ***.

Cousins and Davis will be best frontcourt easily.
There is a question as to filling in around them.

Pels shopping Terrence Jones.
We should totally get in there.
Could be a cheap and adequate replacement for a separate Favors trade.

Cousins and Davis will be best frontcourt easily.
There is a question as to filling in around them.

Not if they can hit the lottery and land inside that protected range... Only thing that'd be better than this is if somehow they could finagle drafting Fox or Monk (Fultz, Ball and Jackson work too obviously)..

Not if they can hit the lottery get a top-3 pick... Only thing that'd be better than this is if somehow they could finagle drafting Fox or Monk (Fultz, Ball and Jackson work too obviously)..

They need Monk for shooting.
If they lose Holiday (which it's going to be losing either he or Cousins) I like Tim quite a bit.

Tim would be adequate with Monk, Cousins, and Davis.

Not if they can hit the lottery and land inside that protected range... Only thing that'd be better than this is if somehow they could finagle drafting Fox or Monk (Fultz, Ball and Jackson work too obviously)..

Not sure how they get top 3? Oh, luck.. nevermind.

Solid post. Was going to post something similar. Hield and WCS plus two lottery picks isn't a bad start to a rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

The fact that they think Hield is a great player would make me worried when it comes to their drafting in the lottery. Hield is a role player. They're really, really bad at drafting.

The fact that they think Hield is a great player would make me worried when it comes to their drafting in the lottery. Hield is a role player. They're really, really bad at drafting.

One reason im hopeful Hield will end up there for a while is I just presume they learned from their errors with the Stauskas pick..

Obviously I'd never have picked Buddy over Jamal Murray (or even Jakob Poeltl)

If they can sign a PG like lets say Jeff Teague and then land Michael Porter Jr in next years draft thats how you turn the team around before the 2020's...

Hield still has potential. He wasn't really allowed to play his game in NOLA. It will be fun watching him if Sacramento lets him play his game.