What's new

Knicks vs Cavs 1st Round Series (Mitchell Getting *** Whooped by Brunson Season 2)

FufkfFNXsAEbROx.png

Brunson is absolutely destroying the Cavs on iso's, got dayumn.

To be fair, defending in college and defending in the NBA are two completely different beasts.

Unless you are Walker Kessler of course, because for some reason he is even better in the NBA than in college. . .
if you think that you didn't see him in college or you didn't see him enough. and that is no slight on his defensive abilities in the nba, just that he was so ridiculously dominant protecting the paint at auburn.

Just watching Buttler carrying his team to victory whow the difference between a good player ( Don) and a real star player..... star player level up when it matters.
Agreed, but to be fair, Donny is still on the younger side and still learning compared with Butler. I was a fan of trading him because it was clear he wasn't going to stick around but he still may become the guy. Go Knicks.

A lot of saltiness in this thread for a guy who at worst got us Lauri Markkanen.

Donovan isn't a perfect person or basketball player, but I'm still cheering for him.

There is so much "team Rudy/ team Donovan", even more so since the trades that this forum feels like a Twighlight fan base.

We easily won both trades, but as sports fans I guess we can never be happy.

The saltiness of Korver passing up a couple threes for his percentage on his first go-around here also lasted a very, very long time for some. For us being the closest we’ve ever been in 25 years, and arguably ever, based on how open our pathway could have been, to have those opportunities squandered by selfishness, lack of discipline, and willful lack of focus, compensated only by a narcissistic lack of preparedness and a “trust me, bro, it’s okay” aura, with a gigantic hand in that being Donovan’s, then I have no problem appreciating when he discovers that those situations weren’t granted and bestowed on him because of his transcendent greatness and perceived affable humility, and his eventual realization of how the grass was actually greener here but it was callously wasted with immaturity. Immaturity that, sure, may be expected for his age, but that his public image eschewed and such maturity that the magnitude of such responsibility given to him was predicated on him having, that he claimed he was ready for because of his specialness.

Tell us how you really feel. ;)

Hope the Cavs make ti tomorrow and than Don get a great game. He was so good game 3 i think, delivering 13 assists, not shooting like hell but he get back to his bad habits on game 4..... if he play as he can, they get this one.

If the Cavs lose it benefits us in so many ways. Let’s all join @MeloTheJazzKiller in rooting for the Knicks for at least a few days.

Obviously there is a direct correlation with owning their picks so you want bad vibes but also after the last few star trades that market has gotten a bit overpriced. These deals failing are comps you can kind of point to in negotiations for the next star. “Why would we give all that for your star when all those trades end up failing… look at Don, Rudy, Murray, etc.” sometimes those markets over correct.

If the Cavs lose it benefits us in so many ways. Let’s all join @MeloTheJazzKiller in rooting for the Knicks for at least a few days.

Obviously there is a direct correlation with owning their picks so you want bad vibes but also after the last few star trades that market has gotten a bit overpriced. These deals failing are comps you can kind of point to in negotiations for the next star. “Why would we give all that for your star when all those trades end up failing… look at Don, Rudy, Murray, etc.” sometimes those markets over correct.
Speaking of Murray: He's on the very short list of players I might trade multiple picks for.

Speaking of Murray: He's on the very short list of players I might trade multiple picks for.
Atlanta murray or nuggets murray? Or both? Which one do you like better btw. Its a tough question for me. (I assume you mean atlanta since I dont think nuggets murray was traded for)

Atlanta murray or nuggets murray? Or both? Which one do you like better btw. Its a tough question for me.
Dejounte. 6' 6" guard that can and has played point full time, still young, exceptional defensive ability, good floor spacer. And depending on what happens in the next year or two could easily be available (the Jazz could have serious cap space next offseason too and he'll be UFA). It's hard to check all of those boxes.

Dejounte. 6' 6" guard that can and has played point full time, still young, exceptional defensive ability, good floor spacer. And depending on what happens in the next year or two could be available. It's hard to check all of those boxes.
I was under the impression that his outside shot was suspect and he wasn't much of a floor spacer. Checking the google machine now.............

I was under the impression that his outside shot was suspect and he wasn't much of a floor spacer. Checking the google machine now.............
34.4% on 5.2 attempts. Not bad but I want better from our starting point guard. His other attributes could make me look past it though.

He's at or above the magic number for 3-point conversion (33% = 50% from 2) and he shoots them at a higher rate and with greater confidence every year. I used the term "floor spacer" on purpose in that once you're on the right side of 33% and you aren't afraid to shoot, the defense just has to close out (which is primarily what I'm concerned with as that is what impacts the overall function of the team offense).

His TS% has also gone up every single year even as his usage rate has gone up almost every year. Which is rare. 26 years old too. He's a good bet.

Hope the Cavs make ti tomorrow and than Don get a great game. He was so good game 3 i think, delivering 13 assists, not shooting like hell but he get back to his bad habits on game 4..... if he play as he can, they get this one.
Don is going to have to put that squad on his back the next few games if they have any chance of pulling out that series.
Kinda ironic considering he was supposed to have so much more help in Cleveland.

Mobley is going to be really good but is still at least 1-2 years away from being a consistent high impact playoff performer.