What's new

Knicks vs Cavs 1st Round Series (Mitchell Getting *** Whooped by Brunson Season 2)

Dejounte is incredibly immature and he just isnt all that good. One of the worst FTR guards in the game (truly horrendous, only has gotten worse since entering NBA, no signs on improvement on this front), to the point where I wouldnt consider touching him. Dude is playing out of his mind in the Boston series and has only managed 6 FTA for his 90 total shots attempts. He just had his best shooting year..... but he ended it shooting 27% from 3 after ASB. If the Hawks are giving him away for a non-lottery pick and matching salary, sure, but other than that hell no.

Dejounte is incredibly immature and he just isnt all that good. One of the worst FTR guards in the game (truly horrendous, only has gotten worse since entering NBA, no signs on improvement on this front), to the point where I wouldnt consider touching him. Dude is playing out of his mind in the Boston series and has only managed 6 FTA for his 90 total shots attempts. He just had his best shooting year..... but he ended it shooting 27% from 3 after ASB. If the Hawks are giving him away for a non-lottery pick and matching salary, sure, but other than that hell no.
All I can say is, some people really seem to be in love with this general player type. Overdribbling, me-first, high-usage combo guards with shaky jumpers. We have like 7 of them on the roster right now and whenever it looks like a guy like that could be available somewhere, people go nuts.

I mean that is fine and all... but why mention the post ASB 3 pt shooting percentage. what does it matter. He shot 34% from the season and over a 54 game sample it was 36.3... so why take a 20 game sample and be like "see... he sucks". Shooting percentages ebb and flow... no need to take one small sample.

I mean that is fine and all... but why mention the post ASB 3 pt shooting percentage. what does it matter. He shot 34% from the season and over a 54 game sample it was 36.3... so why take a 20 game sample and be like "see... he sucks". Shooting percentages ebb and flow... no need to take one small sample.
Because it's a big ebb and flow and notable.

Those percentages are not good though.

OK Mr. Blind Taste Tester. Nothing notable about 1/4th a NBA season.
Not when you combine it with the rest of the season... and it completely matches his career numbers. What does a blind taste test have to do with anything. Its complete random *** cherry picking. Not like the funk extended into the playoffs... how is he doing in the playoffs?

Not when you combine it with the rest of the season... and it completely matches his career numbers. What does a blind taste test have to do with anything. Its complete random *** cherry picking. Not like the funk extended into the playoffs... how is he doing in the playoffs?
In the playoffs he is shooting well and still barely efficient at all from a shots to points perspective because he can't get to the FT line.

And I dont get how post ASB is random. Do you know what random means? Random would be me pointing out Dejounte only shot above 30% from 3 on two days out of the week (Monday and Friday, and yes this is a true stat)

In the playoffs he is shooting well and still barely efficient at all from a shots to points perspective because he can't get to the FT line.

And I dont get how post ASB is random. Do you know what random means? Random would be me pointing out Dejounte only shot above 30% from 3 on two days out of the week (Monday and Friday, and yes this is a true stat)
So if a player shoots 7% less than their average in the last 20 games or show we should doubt their percentage for the whole year… we should doubt it even if it lines up with their career totals… what about if they shoot poorly the first 20 games? Then which sample do we pick?

So if a player shoots 7% less than their average in the last 20 games or show we should doubt their percentage for the whole year… we should doubt it even if it lines up with their career totals… what about if they shoot poorly the first 20 games? Then which sample do we pick?
Good lord dude, where did I say anything about what you should do with the sample? (this isnt some dumb poll where you have to make a decision off arbitrary data where the OP has purposefully held back information) It's all just numbers and perspectives and everyone has access to look at it themselves to draw their own conclusions. You can read from it what you want. It's not an unfair thing to point out at all.

I just dont like Dejounte's game. I think the huge dip in % for that 20 game sample is at least reflective that his shooting isnt to the level it needs to be to overcome his lack of foul drawing. Until he's at a point where he can consistently be a 37%+ knockdown shooter I wouldnt even really consider him compared to his market value.

I remember seeing video of Dejouante in a pick-up game being guarded by some average Joe off the street. The guy was in a defensive stance and Dejouante banged the ball on top of the guys head, I can't remember if it was one, two, three times, then made his move. It looked like a totally disrespectful thing to do.

I remember seeing video of Dejouante in a pick-up game being guarded by some average Joe off the street. The guy was in a defensive stance and Dejouante banged the ball on top of the guys head, I can't remember if it was one, two, three times, then made his move. It looked like a totally disrespectful thing to do.
Then he just got suspended for game 5 for "verbally abusing a ref" which must have been him threatening 9/11 on the ref's house because NBA players are allowed a lot of leniency.

Don is going to have to put that squad on his back the next few games if they have any chance of pulling out that series.
Kinda ironic considering he was supposed to have so much more help in Cleveland.

Mobley is going to be really good but is still at least 1-2 years away from being a consistent high impact playoff performer.

Don knows what he needs to do, he just has to go out there and do it.

Good lord dude, where did I say anything about what you should do with the sample? (this isnt some dumb poll where you have to make a decision off arbitrary data where the OP has purposefully held back information) It's all just numbers and perspectives and everyone has access to look at it themselves to draw their own conclusions. You can read from it what you want. It's not an unfair thing to point out at all.

I just dont like Dejounte's game. I think the huge dip in % for that 20 game sample is at least reflective that his shooting isnt to the level it needs to be to overcome his lack of foul drawing. Until he's at a point where he can consistently be a 37%+ knockdown shooter I wouldnt even really consider him compared to his market value.
And the perspective any smart person should have is it means absolutely nothing... lol but thanks for the insight boss. Super helpful.

Our very own MIP shot less than 32% the last 19 games of the year from 3... 3 point shooting has variance... doesn't mean you should only consider the lowest lows when evaluating a player or providing perspective.

Then he just got suspended for game 5 for "verbally abusing a ref" which must have been him threatening 9/11 on the ref's house because NBA players are allowed a lot of leniency.
Dude there was video... he bumped him lol. Can't do that... its dumb... he has some issues. May be misremembering but I think you mentioned taking a look at Dillon Brooks at one point in the season.

And the perspective any smart person should have is it means absolutely nothing... lol but thanks for the insight boss. Super helpful.

Our very own MIP shot less than 32% the last 19 games of the year from 3... 3 point shooting has variance... doesn't mean you should only consider the lowest lows when evaluating a player or providing perspective.
Ok man, if you just want to strawman something go for it, because I'm clearly not saying any of that dumb **** you are trying to put on me. If you want to carry Murray's water go for it and post some things you think are in his favor. I just dont think an inconsistent shooter who cant get to the FT line is a good play for the Jazz, especially when you consider it would take assets.

Dude there was video... he bumped him lol. Can't do that... its dumb... he has some issues. May be misremembering but I think you mentioned taking a look at Dillon Brooks at one point in the season.
Yes, Brooks is a free agent and would be worth looking into depending on the price. I wouldnt want him to be a starter and I wouldnt give him the freedom he has in Memphis. If he agreed to those things he'd be a good addition depending on the $$$.