What's new

Kobe thinks Hayward has a bright future

I am happily eating crow. I thought Hayward was a wasted pick at #9, but he is surpassing my expectations for his rookie season by a lot. I hope he continues to work hard on his game. Dude is much more athletic that I gave him credit for.

Spot on. I thought I was the only one that didn't get the Hayward-Hornacek comparisons. He is definitely more comparable to Ginobili, but with more size and athleticism. Hopefully, Hayward can develop into a clutch player like Ginobili is.

I think that he will be better then Ginobili by the end of his career. Due to his athleticism but for this to happen they need to let him controll the ball and make some plays, just like last night.

Now that we have seen that Hayward can make plays and controll the ball some. I say bring on Jimmer and let him shoot lights out! I haven't wanted Jimmer but if Utah drafts him, I don't think it will be that bad. I just like Knight and Walker better

I think that he will be better then Ginobili by the end of his career. Due to his athleticism but for this to happen they need to let him controll the ball and make some plays, just like last night.

Damn, thats a pretty bold statement. Ginobili has been a top 3 SG over the past decade.

Damn, thats a pretty bold statement. Ginobili has been a top 3 SG over the past decade.

Totally, I just think that Hayward has it in him to be one of the next elite SG. By Elite I mean 15 + points, 5 + Rebs, 5 +Asts, with a steal and block. While shooting 47% from the field, 40 % + from 3pointer and 80 + % from ft. Im just excited about his upside and what the future holds for this 21 yr old.

And do you guys remember when Utah signed Boozer and Memo that Kenyon Martin and Manu Ginobili were coming out to visit the Jazz. What if we didn't up Carlos A., Gordon Girachek and signed Manu. What would have come? Just thought about that today. Would Spurs win 4 championships? Just thought it was a fun thought provoker :)

All hail Honz! He was the one predicting and hoping for a Hayward draft. He has also been his biggest supporter on this site.

As for me. I'm am really looking forward to seeing how good this kid will get.

Skip Bayless and those ESPN fools were pretty much just laughing at and mocking these comments from Kobe. How has the reaction been elsewhere?

im afraid after so many praises hayward will feel too confident, but he still needs to work a lot and a lot

I was thinking more along the lines of The King, but i supposed this comparison is apt.

You're comparing him to LeBron? I hadn't thought of that before, but I can see it now. There's a new king in town and he's taking his talents to Salt Lake.

Don't get too excited, guys. I seem to remember us Jazz fans getting similarly excited about a young skinny Russian rookie as the Jazz's savior. I sure hope Hayward does not go down the same path as him.

Anyway, he has shown flashes of brilliance this season. Hoping for a breakout season next year (if there is one). Let's hope he doesn't let that one game success get to his head!

Not sure I want Hayward getting heavy minutes we got our statement win, now time to tank and hold onto that 12th seed.

And I like what coach has been Watson brings up the ball, gives it to Hayward and let Hayward do the rest!

Good observation & I would tend to agree. Watson was solid, but it was Hayward who did most of the play making. Watson's role became hitting that dagger 3 pointer in the 4th quarter.

Now that we have seen that Hayward can make plays and controll the ball some. I say bring on Jimmer and let him shoot lights out! I haven't wanted Jimmer but if Utah drafts him, I don't think it will be that bad. I just like Knight and Walker better

Another good point which I agree with. Hayward's playmaking abilities call into question the need for a true/traditional point guard. Would we be better served getting someone who could shoot 3 pointer lights out? I can definitely see Jimmer bring the ball up - pass to Hayward - pick & roll/drives - kick out and Jimmer money with the 3 ball.

Rep to you bro.

Don't get too excited, guys. I seem to remember us Jazz fans getting similarly excited about a young skinny Russian rookie as the Jazz's savior. I sure hope Hayward does not go down the same path as him.

Anyway, he has shown flashes of brilliance this season. Hoping for a breakout season next year (if there is one). Let's hope he doesn't let that one game success get to his head!

2 things that will separate them for me.

1) Hayward is a hard worker (as commented by coaches and team mates) whereas "you know who" isn't

2) Injury (to early to say which way this will go).

Not sure I want Hayward getting heavy minutes we got our statement win, now time to tank and hold onto that 12th seed.

Totally agree. Tank it Jazz. I told my wife a week ago the only games I wanted Utah to win was against the Lakers. Well they lost 1 and won 1, so Im happy!! After the Laker win, I kind of want them to beat a full healthy Spurs team too in S.A.... then keep up the tanking!

2 things that will separate them for me.

1) Hayward is a hard worker (as commented by coaches and team mates) whereas "you know who" isn't

2) Injury (to early to say which way this will go).

Another difference is that Hayward has obviously been lifting regularly and appears already stronger than AK ever has been.