What's new

Kyrie Irving

Would you trade Trey Burke & Gordon Hayward for Kyrie Irving?

• Yes

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 81.1%
  • I'd trade Trey, plus anyone but Hayward

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters

Jeffrey32

On ESPN radio this morning Mychal Thompson (aka Klay's Dad) said that Kyrie won't last in Cleveland, as the Cavs need to find pieces that work with Lebron, like the Lakers did with Magic. He threw out trade scenarios (most highly unrealistic), but he said Trey and Gordon for Kyrie. The co-host Ramona Shelbourne said Utah would probably part with Trey but not Gordon. Would you do it?

I think the best trade out there for the Cavs is with the Celtics. Kyrie for Rondo.

No real interest in moving Hayward in a deal like that mainly because I don't see how it solves our problems. One step forward two steps back kind of thing. If they would take Burke, Kanter, and GS 1st plus another pick I'd be interested but I doubt that moves the needle for them either.

Cavs would look a lot better with Hayward or Favors. Wasn't there a deal on the table for the #1 pick for Favors and #5? I bet Cleveland wishes they had pulled the trigger on that. I suspect they still could still have gotten Love with Exum instead of Wiggins. . .

Cavs would look a lot better with Hayward or Favors. Wasn't there a deal on the table for the #1 pick for Favors and #5? I bet Cleveland wishes they had pulled the trigger on that. I suspect they still could still have gotten Love with Exum instead of Wiggins. . .

DL denied Favors was part of the deal. Maybe Lindsey had talked to the Cavs and they countered with Favors plus the #5 for the #1 at which point DL said no. In any case, even IF Wiggins turns out to be a decent pro, I think having Favors PLUS Exum is much, much better. It's just too hard to find quality bigs. I just don't see Kanter/Gobert as being what we need at the 5.

On ESPN radio this morning Mychal Thompson (aka Klay's Dad) said that Kyrie won't last in Cleveland, as the Cavs need to find pieces that work with Lebron, like the Lakers did with Magic. He threw out trade scenarios (most highly unrealistic), but he said Trey and Gordon for Kyrie. The co-host Ramona Shelbourne said Utah would probably part with Trey but not Gordon. Would you do it?

I think the best trade out there for the Cavs is with the Celtics. Kyrie for Rondo.
LOL. I wouldn't do Irving for Hayward straight up. We've seen having an all-star PG is not all that important for championship success. Irving and his zero assists would be quite the fit in Quin's system. I'd much rather have Hayward and his 5 assists/per from the SF position. Besides, we already have our PGOTF in Exum.

Reactions: MVP
Do not like Irving. And Hay is as close to untradable as it gets for the jazz. They love him, and rightly so. If I had to bet, I would say he and Favors retire as jazzmen.

LOL. I wouldn't do Irving for Hayward straight up. We've seen having an all-star PG is not all that important for championship success. Irving and his zero assists would be quite the fit in Quin's system. I'd much rather have Hayward and his 5 assists/per from the SF position. Besides, we already have our PGOTF in Exum.

Exactly. With Exum on the roster there are only a few PGs I'd trade Hayward for - Irving isn't one of them.

I mean, did you see Irving last night? He practically brings nothing to his team and plays no defense.

I mean, did you see Irving last night? He practically brings nothing to his team and plays no defense.
Funny how LBJ is basically throwing him under the bus. They got into a heated exchange in Portland and now Kyrie responds with a zero assist night. This could get ugly...well, I mean uglier. Four games into the season and Cleveland is already imploding. They must be ready to party in South Beach.

Kinda funny how Hayward wasn't worth the MAX merely 3 months ago and now we wouldn't trade him for Kyrie.

Lol @ this thread. Yep Kyrie is garbage and Hayward is an all timer. Make this thread yesterday morning and the reaction is 100% opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol @ this thread. Yep Kyrie is garbage and Hayward is an all timer. Make this thread yesterday morning and the reaction is 100% opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean last year?? Hayward has been amazing since preseason. Jazz currently have the 3rd best offense in the league, just need to fix the defense.

No way. I wouldn't trade for anyone this brutal in a Cocoa Pebbles commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOG2pi9sYxw

nope. never liked him from day 1. a great individual talent doesn't get you anywhere in the west. unless we have 2 other super stars, kyrie won't lead us to anywhere. kyrie is just a bigger but much worse version of allen iverson. it can work on a right circumstance, but not here.

but he will be fine next to bron. give them some time.

nope. never liked him from day 1. a great individual talent doesn't get you anywhere in the west. unless we have 2 other super stars, kyrie won't lead us to anywhere. kyrie is just a bigger but much worse version of allen iverson. it can work on a right circumstance, but not here.

but he will be fine next to bron. give them some time.

The guy averages 6.1 assists per game last year, 5.8 apg for his career, not sure why his assists numbers are being dissected now that LeBron is on the team and the expectation is higher.

The guy averages 6.1 assists per game last year, 5.8 apg for his career, not sure why his assists numbers are being dissected now that LeBron is on the team and the expectation is higher.

empty stats. AI averaged 7+ assists many times that doesn't mean he is a willing passer. these ball dominant guys will get their numbers. points, assists, etc, etc. but they don't make the team go. hero ball doesn't work unless you are MJ or kobe like.

but i'm curious if bron can eventually break kyrie's ego. this kid's ego is too big for his own good. he gotta succumb and accept his role or there will be some major changes.

Because he has Lebron and Love to pass it to. It's a lot easier to rack up the assists when you have studs to pass it to. I doubt that the Cavs we saw last night is the one we will see come postseason. They'll figure ot out and Kyrie will start putting up good asst #'s.