What's new

Kyrie to Utah?

I'm not arguing what it would take to get him or how hard it would be to re-sign him I'm arguing that someone would have to be an idiot not to want him or to think he sucks.
Would I want him for free, yes, but I'm not a fan of how he plays basketball and how he has created a rift between him and the best player in basketball because he wants to be the man. He just isn't into team, more into himself. At least that's my perception of him. I don't think people really think he sucks, just something people like to say about players they aren't fans of.
You wanted to keep hayward iirc. Look at all those amazing seasons the jazz had with him being the best player on the team. Hell, i think the jazz win percentage was better when hayward missed games for injury/sickness than when he played. He wasn't too good without gobert. I guess that means we shouldn't want him on the team (especially at his much larger salary)
Silly guy.
All those seasons the jazz were rebuilding with incredibly young players, with players learning to play and win, Hayward included, he got better every year in the league, and last year he helped lead the jazz to 51 wins!!

As for your assertion that the jazz were better without Hayward, I don't buy it. It was a small sample size. I recall Hayward missing a game in Cleveland two years ago. Lyles stepped up and played a huge role, and Hood came through with his best game all year. Hood was also good to begin the year with Hayward out, Hayward came back and the jazz got on a role till Hill got hurt and missed a ton of games. Had Hayward been out for an extended amount of time things would've broken down and the jazz would've struggled.
Also if kyrie is playing with second unit then that means he is playing with bench players while James gets the benefit of playing with starters. You win this argument and Saint showing how clueless he is about the sport of bball
Doesn't that also mean he's playing against the other teams bench? Evens out a little
I totally hate how right you are about this, Cy. I mean, we sit here in SLC shaking our tiny fists at how bad super teams are for the NBA, but I think the league office just might disagree-- not to mention the fans of Miami a few years ago, and Golden State's fans right now. Houston fans will probably have something to say about that idea, too, and fans of no-team-in-particular who tune in to catch a game now and then, and don't care about watching San Antonio or Utah play the game "the right way". This is a product and an environment we're stuck with, because it makes obscene amounts of money for everyone IN the league and entertains the fans in most markets. We complain about it not as NBA fans, but as small-market Jazz fans who will probably always be part of a vast minority.

Can I blame this on espn?

In 635 minutes with Irving on the court and James off last season, the Cavaliers were a minus-120, per ESPN's Tom Haberstroh. In eight games with Irving and no James, they were 0-8

Also if kyrie is playing with second unit then that means he is playing with bench players while James gets the benefit of playing with starters. You win this argument and Saint showing how clueless he is about the sport of bball

Not sure this is correct. I recall LeBron playing a lot with four bench players and playing the point forward.

As much as I would love to have Kyrie in UT, this won't happen. Not because it can't, but the Jazz GM would never go after him because the UT mentality is that he's to big a star to come here so why try.

Hate me all you want but I don't believe in Lindsay to bring high profile free agents here to UT.

As much as I would love to have Kyrie in UT, this won't happen. Not because it can't, but the Jazz GM would never go after him because the UT mentality is that he's to big a star to come here so why try.

Hate me all you want but I don't believe in Lindsay to bring high profile free agents here to UT.

If we didn't have Rubio he might try.

I agree with Cy on this one. Kyrie is an incredible offensive talent, but he doesnt make his team win without massive help. And once he loses that first step, he will be worthless.

AI could carry a team to win a series. Kyrie can only carry his team halves or quarters.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

What kind of sample size we talking about? Lebron averaged 38 minutes per game last season and kyrie averaged 35. I know they both start together. and finish the game together. How many minutes per game is kyrie on the court with lebron on the bench? Im curious.

Its also when Lebron was rested and missed games though, more often than not the Cavs would lose.

Its also when Lebron was rested and missed games though, more often than not the Cavs would lose.
Ya lebron is a pretty big part of the cavs success. Much bigger than kyrie.

I agree with Cy on this one. Kyrie is an incredible offensive talent, but he doesnt make his team win without massive help. And once he loses that first step, he will be worthless.

AI could carry a team to win a series. Kyrie can only carry his team halves or quarters.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
So who do the jazz have that makes them win without massive help?

No one's gonna hate you. But a GM ain't gonna trade for a superstar if they don't want to be there. The way to get superstars is to build the franchise in the most attractive manner. Jazz are doing exactly that. They help 2nd rounders become allstars. If we can develop most of our roster into fringe all star players, it'll make stars want to come here. Show we can compete and more like damian Lillard will say "if I move, it'll be to that jazz team"

Sent from my SM-G900V using JazzFanz mobile app