What's new

Kyrie to Utah?

I love him giving a list of preferred teams... I'd go ahead and throw that away... kyrie you ain't got a no trade clause like Melo and are under contract for two years... you will go where they can get the most value.

i am sure he wants to be the man. he already has a ring. probably no longer want to play under lebron's shadow

I love him giving a list of preferred teams... I'd go ahead and throw that away... kyrie you ain't got a no trade clause like Melo and are under contract for two years... you will go where they can get the most value.

On top of that the teams he listed have zero assets to trade for him.

"Kyrie Irving has pegged the San Antonio Spurs, New York Knicks, Miami Heat and Minnesota Timberwolves as his preferred trade destinations, according to ESPN.com's Chris Haynes."

Wolves aren't an option. They've got Teague and if they got creative and wanted to put Kyrie at SG they couldn't, as Butler plays SG.

Miami has a solid PG. I suppose Irving could play SG in Miami as Waiters is starting at SG now. Definitely not ideal.

Knicks would be the ideal fit. They need a PG. They'd need to give up more than that 2018 1st, of course.

Yeah, I dont see us getting Kyrie. He is a good player but might not be a good fit and probably does not want to be here long term. The Jazz are not going to risk losing him in 2 years.

I think the Jazz just need to be in position to facilitate trades as the 3rd partner or get Love. If they trade Kyrie and they think Lebron is gone they will just trade all of them and blow it up. Although maybe Kyrie is willing to stay if Lebron gets traded? Will the Cavs have the guts to trade Lebron?

The most likely destination for Kyrie might be Minny. Would T-wolves be willing to trade Wiggins for Kyrie? Who else has enough to get him? I am sure a bunch of teams really want him but do any have the assets to get him? Maybe a team like Phoenix might be willing to make a trade for him and take the risk of him leaving after 2 more years. Boston has the resources but I am guessing they wont go after him.

Wolves aren't an option. They've got Teague and if they got creative and wanted to put Kyrie at SG they couldn't, as Butler plays SG.

Miami has a solid PG. I suppose Irving could play SG in Miami as Waiters is starting at SG now. Definitely not ideal.

Knicks would be the ideal fit. They need a PG. They'd need to give up more than that 2018 1st, of course.

They could just trade Teague to a another team.

They could just trade Teague to a another team.

They just signed Teague so I doubt they would do that. Plus I doubt they'd want to give up assets for Kyrie when they already have a halfway decent PG. But if they traded Teague and whatever else to Cleveland for Kyrie, sure - that could maybe be possible.

This offseason has been insane. I love it.

Ya it has been great.

Screen+Shot+2014-01-07+at+6.22.43+PM.png

They just signed Teague so I doubt they would do that. Plus I doubt they'd want to give up assets for Kyrie when they already have a halfway decent PG. But if they traded Teague and whatever else to Cleveland for Kyrie, sure - that could maybe be possible.

They actually can't trade Teague until sometime in December. So that makes a deal with Minny much less likely.

Yeah, I dont see us getting Kyrie. He is a good player but might not be a good fit and probably does not want to be here long term. The Jazz are not going to risk losing him in 2 years.

I think the Jazz just need to be in position to facilitate trades as the 3rd partner or get Love. If they trade Kyrie and they think Lebron is gone they will just trade all of them and blow it up. Although maybe Kyrie is willing to stay if Lebron gets traded? Will the Cavs have the guts to trade Lebron?

The most likely destination for Kyrie might be Minny. Would T-wolves be willing to trade Wiggins for Kyrie? Who else has enough to get him? I am sure a bunch of teams really want him but do any have the assets to get him? Maybe a team like Phoenix might be willing to make a trade for him and take the risk of him leaving after 2 more years. Boston has the resources but I am guessing they wont go after him.

Kyrie would actually be an amazing fit on the Jazz, even playing with Rubio, heck ESPECIALLY playing with Rubio. You have another guard who will let you shoot, will feed you the ball, and take your defensive assignment? Kyrie would get all kinds of shots on the Jazz.

Would definitely cost us Mitchell though. If we could talk them into Exum and some picks instead, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Kyrie to Utah!!!!!????

5afa8ac64301dbd2a82bf31e355d1948.jpg

But where do he want to go? I miss the days when journalism and having editors was a real thing.