What's new

LAL and LAC will not be finishing 2 - 3 in the West

Lebron could be out a while.

Had one of those... it sucked so bad. 3 weeks to walk without crutches... 6 weeks to play again... obvi he’s superhuman but I was young and going to PT a ton. Ankle was janky AF for a year or two.

Did any of you see lebron’s injury? I’ve never seen him in that kind of pain. Seeing the other player undercut his leg makes me wonder if he’s lucky he’s “only” injured with an ankle sprain. I think he’s going to be out for at least a month.

Isn’t AD due back soon? Force him to be the man for a bit.
Yeah and he’s not the most durable dude... his injury treatment kinda reminded me of when KD hurt his “calf” and then the rushed him back and he tore his Achilles. ADs injury was weird... it was around the Achilles or some ****... but they were like “it’s not the Achilles just around the Achilles...”

Long story short... that one would be really concerning to me I’d I was a Lakers fan.

I'm hoping they play AD 40 minutes a game when he comes back and run him into the ground.

No matter what the road to a possible title is brutal but this year it is insane. I honestly feel like this is the most stacked the west has ever been. No one is really talking about the blazers but they scare me more than any team with a healthy Nurkic. I look at that team when healthy and I don't see a flaw. They have the superstar in Lillard who is insanely clutch. They have a number 2 scorer in CJ that will give you a consistent 22 a game. Last year they lacked the long defensive wings to throw at opposing teams so they go out and snag Covington and Jones to fill that role. Then they have a lot of depth off the bench in Trent, Melo, Kanter, Hood, Simons and Little. Overall they are just a really well rounded team once Nurkic is back.

Yeah and he’s not the most durable dude... his injury treatment kinda reminded me of when KD hurt his “calf” and then the rushed him back and he tore his Achilles. ADs injury was weird... it was around the Achilles or some ****... but they were like “it’s not the Achilles just around the Achilles...”

Long story short... that one would be really concerning to me I’d I was a Lakers fan.
With LeBron I always expect him back sooner than anyone else but if he ends up being out for 4 weeks or more and AD for a few more weeks then the Lakers could be in serious trouble. There schedule over the next month is really tough with a ton of road games. When AD comes back they may have to play him heavy minutes to stay competitive during that stretch if LeBron is still gone. If both guys end up missing a month then the Lakers at best are probably looking at the 8 seed which would suck for us if we are sitting at 1.

No matter what the road to a possible title is brutal but this year it is insane. I honestly feel like this is the most stacked the west has ever been. No one is really talking about the blazers but they scare me more than any team with a healthy Nurkic. I look at that team when healthy and I don't see a flaw. They have the superstar in Lillard who is insanely clutch. They have a number 2 scorer in CJ that will give you a consistent 22 a game. Last year they lacked the long defensive wings to throw at opposing teams so they go out and snag Covington and Jones to fill that role. Then they have a lot of depth off the bench in Trent, Melo, Kanter, Hood, Simons and Little. Overall they are just a really well rounded team once Nurkic is back.
Covington isn't a "stopper" on defense. He's a team defense guy.

With LeBron I always expect him back sooner than anyone else but if he ends up being out for 4 weeks or more and AD for a few more weeks then the Lakers could be in serious trouble. There schedule over the next month is really tough with a ton of road games. When AD comes back they may have to play him heavy minutes to stay competitive during that stretch if LeBron is still gone. If both guys end up missing a month then the Lakers at best are probably looking at the 8 seed which would suck for us if we are sitting at 1.
They could be looking at a single elimination game against Steph Curry. That isn't a situation I would like to be in. . .

Covington isn't a "stopper" on defense. He's a team defense guy.
He is pretty damn good at both. I would say a team defense guy is more important for the blazers though with Lillard and CJ being below average defenders. Between Covington, Jones and Nurkic they should be a solid defensive unit.

I just want the Jazz to get the number one seed. They do not have to play every team so worrying how stacked the West is not as important as who they play. There are several tough outs even the seventh and eighth teams. The East also has the 76ers, Nets, Bucks and even Miami so whoever wins the championship is going to earn. Winning Championships are hard so it is best to have home court.

I don’t think they fall that far. Have a 6 game lead over SA and Dallas. It’s possible. I would guess Lebron misses 3 weeks and is not quite full speed for another week. Someone good will get bought out and those assholes will sign him. Will help bolster their depth.

The league would be furious and never do another play-in.

I don’t think they fall that far. Have a 6 game lead over SA and Dallas. It’s possible. I would guess Lebron misses 3 weeks and is not quite full speed for another week. Someone good will get bought out and those assholes will sign him. Will help bolster their depth.
Tomorrow night’s game really needs to be a courting of OPJ. We need to make him think, “this is the team I want!”

Safe money is that the Clippers finish 3 (and on the other side of the bracket), and that the Lakers finish 4 or 5.... which means we draw them in round 2 (I’d we hold onto #1, obvi).

I fear the Clips more than the Lakers, so I’d take this outcome. It’s just too bad that the Blazers have slipped so badly. Was hoping they could pin the Lakers down at 6.

Safe money is that the Clippers finish 3 (and on the other side of the bracket), and that the Lakers finish 4 or 5.... which means we draw them in round 2 (I’d we hold onto #1, obvi).

I fear the Clips more than the Lakers, so I’d take this outcome. It’s just too bad that the Blazers have slipped so badly. Was hoping they could pin the Lakers down at 6.
Blazers flaming out the way they did was kinda unexpected but Mavs are playing strong. If they win against the Lakers, they will only be 1 game back in the loss column and will have the tiebreaker.

Lakers are trying to ease in AD so he may not get more than 15-18 minutes and he looked rusty.