What's new

LaMarcus Aldridge retires

Glad he's making the right decision. Guy has had a long career and made a lot of money. Absolutely zero reason to keep continuing with heart issues in play.
Yup... sucks but glad he did something about it and had a great career. Go enjoy your family and make sure you are healthy.

He made the smart play. Not the type of thing you want to chance.

And let's be honest, makes the Nets bench a bit less strong for us in the Finals.

Good for him to take his health and family into consideration first.

Also, one less domino on the Nets to deal with.

The All Blacks don't count? What about the freaking Dream Team?

Dream Team was dismissed in another thread because it wasn't a professional team. Travelling road show, one off event. Yeah, you put that Dream Team together for an 82 game schedule, man, that would've been something. But, nah, they played just eight games. If you want to count The Dream Team, then you might as well count the Little League baseball team I was on when I was eight. Top of the order to the bottom we all could bomb the ball. Unbeaten. Dude, professional teams is what we are talking about and the Brooklyn Nets are the best ever assembled.

All Blacks? I think they played cricket or rugby or rounders or darts or something foreign and non-athletic. You can't be serious bringing them up.

anyone who so beautifully rejected the Lakers in free agency is ok with me, happy and safe retirement to LMA !

Opinions ... is he a HOF guy ??

Dream Team was dismissed in another thread because it wasn't a professional team. Travelling road show, one off event. Yeah, you put that Dream Team together for an 82 game schedule, man, that would've been something. But, nah, they played just eight games. If you want to count The Dream Team, then you might as well count the Little League baseball team I was on when I was eight. Top of the order to the bottom we all could bomb the ball. Unbeaten. Dude, professional teams is what we are talking about and the Brooklyn Nets are the best ever assembled.

All Blacks? I think they played cricket or rugby or rounders or darts or something foreign and non-athletic. You can't be serious bringing them up.
If the Dream Team played 8 games together... that's 3 more than LMA played for the Nets.

And, you're right. A team that has won 77% of their matches over 118 years, has a winning record against every single other country they've played, and has 11 countries who have never beaten them - nobody could ever consider them great.

If the Dream Team played 8 games together... that's 3 more than LMA played for the Nets.

And, you're right. A team that has won 77% of their matches over 118 years, has a winning record against every single other country they've played, and has 11 countries who have never beaten them - nobody could ever consider them great.

First off, Dream team only played eight games. You are obviously confusing Dream Team with all US Olympic b-ball teams. Apples and oranges. Uhh, I guess you didn't realize that pre-Dream Team, US Olympic b-ball was played by college kids -- not a team of 11 Hall Of Famers on one team!

Secondly, you are crowing about US Olympic b-ball team and their winning percentage? Uhh, I guess you don't realize they play teams like Philippines, Mexico, Peru, Switzerland, Egypt... When world competition finally made strides (it took four decades) team USA was reduced to winning bronze. Puerto Rico beat us, for God's sake!