What's new

Langi Drama

Langi won't be the first or the last to decide he wants to transfer to BYU while on his mission. I have no problem with that. It's poor form though to ask your mission president contact the BYU and Utah coaching staffs instead of writing a letter to them directly or having your parents do so. It's even worse form on the part of the mission president to actually do it imo.

Of course, I don't think it makes sense for Coach Whittingham not to release Langi from his scholarship, especially given the fact that BYU and Utah are in a break from playing each other. Finally, I don't like BYU trying to use what is essentially a loophole to get Lang available to play for them this season. It feels like BYU is violating the spirit of the rules. In short, I don't think anybody involved in this comes out looking good.

I don't blame him for not wanting to play DE after being recruited as a RB.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Some Mo's can't handle the real world after a mission. He needs the BYU blankie and a strong father figure like Bronco to keep him secure.

So, some dude spends two years submitting to the hierarchies and powers of the mission structure, and now he thinks he needs the security of similar hierarchies and powers in order to become the best version of himself? Shocking.

Good riddance. Get weaker.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];865233 said:
So, some dude spends two years submitting to the hierarchies and powers of the mission structure, and now he thinks he needs the security of similar hierarchies and powers in order to become the best version of himself? Shocking.

I toured a bunch of schools all other the western US. But I picked BYU because of the how I felt when I was at the campus. Everyone agrees that BYU is different. Maybe different is good for Langi.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];865233 said:

touchy touchy

wrong side of the bed or something?

touchy touchy

wrong side of the bed or something?

there are thousands of students at the UofU living by a Mormon code of ethics. It's pervasive. Students hoping to live and abide by these suggestions have absolutely NO PROBLEM finding communities of like-minded people.

The desire to live in an environment where this code is enforceable from the top-down, rather than in an environment where the code is self-organized and governed off-campus, seems like to could be an admission that he isn't strong enough to enforce himself.

And then there's my whole personal belief that you shouldn't take external values as your own.... which pretty much obliterates any respect I have for proselyting ("here, take these values as yours... or be damned")... and... well... let's just say I'm fine with this kid transferring. I hope he gets what he needs. Some people are more comfortable when the restrictions tighten their grips.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];865477 said:
there are thousands of students at the UofU living by a Mormon code of ethics. It's pervasive. Students hoping to live and abide by these suggestions have absolutely NO PROBLEM finding communities of like-minded people.

The desire to live in an environment where this code is enforceable from the top-down, rather than in an environment where the code is self-organized and governed off-campus, seems like to could be an admission that he isn't strong enough to enforce himself.

And then there's my whole personal belief that you shouldn't take external values as your own.... which pretty much obliterates any respect I have for proselyting ("here, take these values as yours... or be damned")... and... well... let's just say I'm fine with this kid transferring. I hope he gets what he needs. Some people are more comfortable when the restrictions tighten their grips.

That's cool.

Are you gellin? I'm gellin like Magellan.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];865477 said:
I mean, let's be real here. I come from the world of academia, bangin' hotties all day, and virtually being the toughest tough guy that ever threatened to kick the internet's ***. This kid doesn't agree with how I see things, and therefore, is beneath me and is deserving of my bad-*** verbal fisting. If you're not me, you're a loser, and I don't mind letting people know it. Loser.

p.s. I also drive a jacked up truck and have penis-size issues.

As if we didn't already know.

Could someone explain the legalities? What happens if Whit doesn't agree? Does that mean he can't transfer, or just that he has to sit out an extra year, or what? Also, I know that when players transfer schools they have to sit out a year... But he had just sat out two years so why wouldn't that count? I guess I'm mainly just confused as to why Whit would have to agree to anything.

Also, I think in the system where coaches can leave at the drop of a hat and where players' scholarships are only guaranteed year to year, the whole idea of making players sit out a year when transferring is ludicrous. But I suppose that's a different discussion.

I'm not good enough for your fancy teenpop ones?
Lol.

one day all these emoticons just showed up in tapatalk

There ya go!