What's new

Last good song you listened to?

Sewage? Did you bother listening to it? Again, the video is pure nonsense, a fan-made bag of crap. And to be honest, the lyrics are horrible at best -- but is that not a solid/angry song? German is such a wonderful language for ridiculous songs like this.

Let me see if I can find something more to your listening pleasure...

Haha I was just messing with you. I used to be a little into Rammstein and that genre of German...metal? Not sure what to classify it. Anywho, I went to a German Bilingual school for 11 years, and my friends would often listen to this stuff, so Ive known it for a while. Its not bad all, really. I just figured get some comedic vengeance after you insulted my beloved OutKast :)

After actually listening to the video, its not too bad. My favourite angry song (I think prodigy used it in his Devin Harris 2011 mix):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU0GczqQOxo

I really LOVE Rage... right up until they start repeating the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over in every single song. Give me the first minute of every song and put it together and you've got a solid record.

I really LOVE Rage... right up until they start repeating the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over in every single song. Give me the first minute of every song and put it together and you've got a solid record.

Typically, i would agree, but with Microphone Fiend the chorus just gets me all the time. Makes me want to walk into a china shop with a sledge hammer, and just release all of my bottled up midterm exam stress.

Typically, i would agree, but with Microphone Fiend the chorus just gets me all the time. Makes me want to walk into a china shop with a sledge hammer, and just release all of my bottled up midterm exam stress.

That's not the music that's doing it, it's your natural disposition for Jihad.

That's not the music that's doing it, it's your natural disposition for Jihad.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TroutBum again.

Tell me Ballou, what is your ancestry? My guess is French; which would explain the grotesquely patchy chest hair, and and skin complexion so blindingly pale that I have to wear my Persol's every time I check out the "Pics" thread

Tell me Ballou, what is your ancestry? My guess is French; which would explain the grotesquely patchy chest hair, and and skin complexion so blindingly pale that I have to wear my Persol's every time I check out the "Pics" thread

Everyone always thinks French because of the name, but it was actually spelled Ballew up until just a few generations ago, or so it has been told. On some accounts, "my immigrant ancestor, Maturin Ballou, a French Protestant, as tradition says, fled first to England , remained there till he had formed a marriage connection, then came to Massachusetts Bay , and thence removed to the Providence Plantations. There, about 1640, he joined the co-proprietors of Roger Williams.

Belief in the family’s Huguenot origin was apparently unchallenged until 1884. At that time Frederick M. Ballou, a retired manufacturer and banker, traveled to England and France to research the family’s European roots in connection with the family history and genealogy then being prepared. F. M. Ballou came to believe that the Ballous were not of Huguenot origin at all, but were a branch of the Bellew family of England , with Norman roots going back to the time of the Conquest. Adin Ballou accept*ed this version and incorporated it into the Genealogy."

Not that you give a damn or really wanted to know, but there you go. I've been enamored over the years with both branches of the name and I own several books and magazines written by Maturin and Hosea Ballou, both very famous for their time. If you're REALLY bored: https://www.ballewassn.org/ballou_origins.htm

Everyone always thinks French because of the name, but it was actually spelled Ballew up until just a few generations ago, or so it has been told. On some accounts, "my immigrant ancestor, Maturin Ballou, a French Protestant, as tradition says, fled first to England , remained there till he had formed a marriage connection, then came to Massachusetts Bay , and thence removed to the Providence Plantations. There, about 1640, he joined the co-proprietors of Roger Williams.

Belief in the family’s Huguenot origin was apparently unchallenged until 1884. At that time Frederick M. Ballou, a retired manufacturer and banker, traveled to England and France to research the family’s European roots in connection with the family history and genealogy then being prepared. F. M. Ballou came to believe that the Ballous were not of Huguenot origin at all, but were a branch of the Bellew family of England , with Norman roots going back to the time of the Conquest. Adin Ballou accept*ed this version and incorporated it into the Genealogy."

Not that you give a damn or really wanted to know, but there you go. I've been enamored over the years with both branches of the name and I own several books and magazines written by Maturin and Hosea Ballou, both very famous for their time. If you're REALLY bored: https://www.ballewassn.org/ballou_origins.htm

In other words, you're the black sheep in your family's history.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Thats quite cool. Ill make a mental note to myself to check out that link when I have time, later this weekend.

Surname origin has always interested me, especially for people who have been living in North America for generations. Im personally a first generation immigrant here in Canada, was born in Germany and moved to Canada at a young age. Hence, my family is basically traced to Kosovo, and nothing else. Pretty boring stuff, especially for a country like Kosovo. One of the most ambiguous countries/ethnicities (the Albanians) to trace back historically, in Europe.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Thats quite cool. Ill make a mental note to myself to check out that link when I have time, later this weekend.

Surname origin has always interested me, especially for people who have been living in North America for generations. Im personally a first generation immigrant here in Canada, was born in Germany and moved to Canada at a young age. Hence, my family is basically traced to Kosovo, and nothing else. Pretty boring stuff, especially for a country like Kosovo. One of the most ambiguous countries/ethnicities (the Albanians) to trace back historically, in Europe.

Good luck with that, man. I am actually really lucky that our backtrail is as hot as it is. I have a couple of magazines from the late 1800's framed above my crapper:
ballous_dollar_monthly_186210.jpg

And an original copy of this, copyrighted 1849:
526644-L.jpg

Good luck with that, man. I am actually really lucky that our backtrail is as hot as it is. I have a couple of magazines from the late 1800's framed above my crapper:
ballous_dollar_monthly_186210.jpg

And an original copy of this, copyrighted 1849:
526644-L.jpg

Just read the link, found it quite cool. Hopefully I leave enough info for my filial generations to be able to track me and my immediate family's history.

Back on topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZKrctSDaw

Pretty much my fav song that I have discovered in all of 2012 so far.

dedicated to Simple Heel, wherever he is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHj6tbLH6p0

In this hilarious video, a Canadian man arrested for being drunk in public is seen arguing (gently) in front of a squad car police camera. At first, the man denies "having been sort of intoxicated, as you proclaim." After stumbling over his words, he segues into a rendition of Queen's 1975 hit "Bohemian Rhapsody." As in singing the entire song. (He does get a few of the lyrics wrong.) He even attempts an a capella rendition of the song's musical breakdown

he really gets into it towards the middle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdbSdo6puU4

Favorite part was from 1:08 to 1:13 where the singer seems to enjoy getting leg humped by a crowd lunatic and then high fives his buddy after.

Sorry for the profanity violation. I can't tell but I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

I heard the dude that plays drums for GAZA posts here. I'm almost positive it's KatieMCR.