What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

There will undoubtedly be debate about whether we should extend Lauri or not this summer. I hope we can extend him. Because it’s so damn hard to find a player of his caliber with draft picks we would get for him.

View: https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/1769448590903054551

The worst thing Jazz could do, would trade him to OKC, bc they are not going to get Chet iany imaginable package. Their core with addition of Lauri would seal their decade of dynasty. For sure, they are going to add another pieces some point, but there's no many such ideal bigs on market for them, than Lauri is.

The worst thing Jazz could do, would trade him to OKC, bc they are not going to get Chet iany imaginable package. Their core with addition of Lauri would seal their decade of dynasty. For sure, they are going to add another pieces some point, but there's no many such ideal bigs on market for them, than Lauri is.

Well, some people even on this board say we should trade him and build from there.
There is logic in trading him. He may not fit our time line and keeping him may waste his career and by the time the young guys are ready to go he could be slowing down. So it’s possible we could benefit more by trading him. I’m not opposed to extending him but there’s risk either way you go.

Also keeping him does us no good in building a contender if we don’t get a #1. I’m not sold on what we have to this point in achieving this but trading Lauri could increase this. I view Lauri as a great #2 option.

It’s possible some just want a good team that makes the playoffs every year. This isn’t what I want. I want a team that will contend and possibly win a title. Since we made the finals we’ve made the west finals once and that’s only because the 8th seed beet the 1 seed and we played the 8th seed that went I think 7 games and then got swept by the spurs. I just don’t care for just making the playoffs with no hope for a title and never getting out of the second round. So with that said I’m good with trading him.

You don't just give up a top 20 player when you have as many assets as the Jazz do.
Like I said… I don’t give a **** about just making the playoffs. I will live through how ever many seasons it takes till we are primed for a title run. Will Lauri be this good when that time comes. This is going to take 5-7 years. At that time how many years does he have at this level?