What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

Seems like he must be really sick, he's missed 4 days of work now. I was thinking about this the other day, but I've only ever missed one day at a time from work for being sick. I'm obviously not a high level athlete and I've also been pretty lucky.

Players have played through illness before, but maybe that is being discouraged these days. Hopefully he recovers quickly and doesn't have any long term effects. Does anybody have any more details on what he's sick with?
The big question is, why play him when he's sick at all? We aren't competing for a ring this year. Playoff positioning doesn't matter at all. And more wins = worse draft pick. So why worry about rushing any of these guys back at all?

The big question is, why play him when he's sick at all? We aren't competing for a ring this year. Playoff positioning doesn't matter at all. And more wins = worse draft pick. So why worry about rushing any of these guys back at all?

Personally I'm cool with giving him some nights off and taking the Ls. I don't think that's what we're doing though.

Personally I'm cool with giving him some nights off and taking the Ls. I don't think that's what we're doing though.
That doesn't have to be the intention as long as that is the outcome.

There's photographic evidence of the dude hanging around at practice and putting up shots like two days ago. So I think it's pretty safe to say that he's not being "rushed" back.

There's photographic evidence of the dude hanging around at practice and putting up shots like two days ago. So I think it's pretty safe to say that he's not being "rushed" back.
I didn't say he was. I said there is no reason to. If he's healthy and ready to play, great! But folks were acting like we need him back no matter what, and we really don't. Not enough to rush it if that's what they might do.

I was told he had common stomach flu, spraying from both ends for a day and a half. If true, it would take a couple days after that to be back in full shape; ie if it was play-offs he surely might have been playing (on limited minutes), but no reason for that during regular season.

I was told he had common stomach flu, spraying from both ends for a day and a half. If true, it would take a couple days after that to be back in full shape; ie if it was play-offs he surely might have been playing (on limited minutes), but no reason for that during regular season.
Yeah a good solid case of food poisoning could take you down for a couple of weeks even. As could the regular flu.

Yeah a good solid case of food poisoning could take you down for a couple of weeks even. As could the regular flu.

****, it get the flu and dont miss a day of work.

The stomach flu/food poisoning on the other will force anyone to miss work.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

****, it get the flu and dont miss a day of work.

The stomach flu/food poisoning on the other will force anyone to miss work.

Playing sports with the flu is a great way to get myocarditis, which could take years to fully recover from. Some get permanent damage.

These guys are huge investments. No way teams are gonna risk that if they can avoid it.

And you can make your entire team sick.
Yes, as it spreads at work too. We send people home with symptoms, don't want everyone sick. Plus now with COVID you just don't know for sure, so we tell our folks with any symptoms to stay home until it resolves.

I'm sure he is happy that that bit of info surfaced.

Playing sports with the flu is a great way to get myocarditis, which could take years to fully recover from. Some get permanent damage.

These guys are huge investments. No way teams are gonna risk that if they can avoid it.

Three words.
Jordan flu game

Good stuff.

Kessler ranks 4th for high volume rim protectors (behind Lopez and essentially tied with Claxton and Zubac) and Lauri ranks 8th (essentially tied with #6 Sabonis and #7 Capela).

Lauri also ranks 5th in DFG% and FG% differential inside 6 feet.
Screenshot_20221214_172240_Chrome.jpg

Quite impressive rim numbers for a guy Chicago kept in the corner shooting 3s....