What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

Hows Dante been doing?
good man He's a big part of the rotation, and he seems to be playing backup point to Patty Mills at least as much as an off the ball wing. It's crazy how much different his shot looks, so much more compact and efficient stroke.

Sadly we have little chance to do well, lots of wings and guards but very very thin up front

In the honor of new season of Lauri I start tracking game by game how Lauri sets stats to the scoreboard in each game compared to his all star season averages. Red means below and green above season 22-23 averages. Grey means even. More interested than him being better this season in average numbers is I want to not see long streaks of red. He has been somewhat inconsistent in his career at times so imo the most important thing is to see if he can perform to his all-star level evenly through this season. If he ends a bit lower than last season in average numbers but avoids long streaks of red color code I am satisfied.

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i9BcM05EeHzQue6rJ0ENwftqpqpRJYsRMFOvxr7P42c/edit#gid=0

In the honor of new season of Lauri I start tracking game by game how Lauri sets stats to the scoreboard in each game compared to his all star season averages. Red means below and green above season 22-23 averages. Grey means even. More interested than him being better this season in average numbers is I want to not see long streaks of red. He has been somewhat inconsistent in his career at times so imo the most important thing is to see if he can perform to his all-star level evenly through this season. If he ends a bit lower than last season in average numbers but avoids long streaks of red color code I am satisfied.

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i9BcM05EeHzQue6rJ0ENwftqpqpRJYsRMFOvxr7P42c/edit#gid=0

We don't have access

You need to either make the file public or copy paste the table contents rather than linking it.

Right now it shows access denied.

PS I applaud the idea.

You need to either make the file public or copy paste the table contents rather than linking it.

Right now it shows access denied.

PS I applaud the idea.

I fixed it. Also might be good to make another table in the end of season where I follow his consistency in the light of this season stats alone. Not that it matters even that much but i just like to look what kind of streaks below or above their level there are. Color coding just makes it more fun lol. Even if it is more of a novelty thing... Now if there would be charts where we would see the season progression with 10%-50%+ below or above individuals averages... That would be fabulous color chart to look at.

Few humble requests:
Could you make a new thread of this? Like "Lauri Markkanen stat tracking". Its gonna get buried in some mid page here and it would be better if it was OP in a new thread.
Also if you could adjust some of the column sizes to fit it on smaller screens. Its great from PC but on table/mobile its nearly impossible to read with how wide the table columns are.

Few humble requests:
Could you make a new thread of this? Like "Lauri Markkanen stat tracking". Its gonna get buried in some mid page here and it would be better if it was OP in a new thread.
Also if you could adjust some of the column sizes to fit it on smaller screens. Its great from PC but on table/mobile its nearly impossible to read with how wide the table columns are.

I do not feel thi is significant enough for another thread. Just bookmark the link.

Thru 5 games things aside 2p shooting and getting into FT line looks nice and cool. The test with our current guards will come to Lauri when his shot from downtown runs cold. And it will come sooner or later. The Slight struggle scoring inside has been there in most games so far. Less bunnies to get in without Mike around - and Lauri being now the clear focus of defenses.

First tenth of a season mark: Lauri has been insane from downtown but just in two games so far has he reached the FGAs from inside he had in his ALL STAR season averages - and makes them in lesser efficiency. We all know the reasons. Lets see if he can find some more later... As long he makes his threes this is fine... Kinda . but it is not I miss real guards. Shoot as much threes U need bc no one gets them entries to our bigs.

Last edited:
First tenth of a season mark: Lauri has been insane from downtown but just in two games so far has he reached the FGAs from inside he had in his ALL STAR season averages - and makes them in lesser efficiency. We all know the reasons. Lets see if he can find some more later... As long he makes his threes this is fine... Kinda . but it is not I miss real guards. Shoot as much threes U need bc no one gets them entries to our bigs.

Can you do my taxes?