What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

Good to see Lauri had a nice summer. It gives me pause when I find out Hernangomez was the MVP of Eurobasket though.

Good to see Lauri had a nice summer. It gives me pause when I find out Hernangomez was the MVP of Eurobasket though.
Juancho did it on a bunch of (very impressive) C&S 3's.

Lauri did it as a #1 option over multiple games.

It's different.

He needs to be a Batman not a Robin, when you give him the keys to the Batmobile then he uses all his tools and is a Superhero, if you make him Robin he stands around trying to not get in the way of the other Batmans.

He needs to be a Batman not a Robin, when you give him the keys to the Batmobile then he uses all his tools and is a Superhero, if you make him Robin he stands around trying to not get in the way of the other Batmans.
I don't think he needs to be Batman. He can be a Robin probably. He's always just been like the 4th option though and I think that's were he becomes average.

Nice analysis!!!

Makes you wonder what makes the Bulls or the Cavs to give up on him though..
He had some fairly glaring defensive deficiencies when he came in with the Bulls. With the Cavs he was playing out of position at the three mostly to form the triple tower lineup - which featured their best players but not all that sustainable because of defensive matchups. Then they picked up Evan’s older brother in the second round. All contributing factors I imagine, but that doesn’t mean they’re not having Seller’s remorse after Markkanen’s Eurobasket showing.

Last edited:
He had some fairly glaring defensive deficiencies when he came in with the Bulls. With the Cavs he was paying out of position at the three mostly to form the triple tower lineup - which featured their best players but not all that sustainable because of defensive matchups. Then they picked up Evan’s older brother in the second round. All contributing factors I imagine, but that doesn’t mean they’re not having Seller’s remorse after Markkanen’s Eurobasket showing.
Making the trade and signing Fontecchio before Eurobasket probably saved the Jazz quite a bit tbh. Have to think both of those guys would’ve had much higher values if those transactions were upcoming instead of already done.

I think Markkanen is probably good enough to be the third guy in a Big Three scenario. He can probably be a solid play finisher on a good team. He just needs some help opening up a lane or getting some space to shoot.