What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

Yeah
Markkanen looks like the only guy with All-Star potential on the roster right now.
Yeah clearly the best player on our team today. We really lucked out with him with the Jazz taking the Cavs deal instead of New York.. I don’t think many pundits gave him much of a chance to be more than decent or average when the trade happened.

Yeah

Yeah clearly the best player on our team today. We really lucked out with him with the Jazz taking the Cavs deal instead of New York.. I don’t think many pundits gave him much of a chance to be more than decent or average when the trade happened.
I think he’s going to be a big part of the rebuild tbh. Cleveland fans were kinda ticked that he got traded in the Mitchell deal. Looks like they might have been onto something.

He can get that mid range fadeaway off anytime he wants. Probably not the most efficient shot in todays NBA, but it's a good option to have when offensive sets are breaking down or the shot clock is running out. Runs the floor well for a big guy too.

King of the North, embrace him Utah ,show him the love and encourage him to be the leader of this team and watch him shine .

He's good at running the floor, filling the lane and finishing breaks. Hopefully the Jazz will get some run-outs.

He is so skilled offensively. It is crazy that he somehow regressed with Chicago but I guess not really a surprise with how terrible they are at developing players. If he had been drafted by the mavs with Dirk around to mentor him I bet he would have been viewed as a top 20 player by now.

What makes Lauri so good? Simple answer is that he is playing in a team, not in a group of selfish players. Just like Finnish National Team when they had incredible results in European championships although Finland is not such basket-ball country.
Lauri can score surely but needs and now gets support from his teammates. He is a real team player and not staring his own stats..

Not sure if it would’ve worked under Snyder, but he’s exactly what the Jazz needed playing between Mitchell and Gobert. Better late than never. . .

He's got the mechanics to become a KD-lite. 7 foot scorers that can put the ball on the floor are to die for in this league. I think with Fizdale and Hornacek in our developmental department we can develop him into a 30 ppg superstar in due time.

He's got the mechanics to become a KD-lite. 7 foot scorers that can put the ball on the floor are to die for in this league. I think with Fizdale and Hornacek in our developmental department we can develop him into a 30 ppg superstar in due time.
I ALWAYS forget Fizdale is on our side now.. hahaha..