What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

Who was the last all star starter from the Jazz? Did dwill start in the all star?
The last fan vote starter for the Jazz was Karl Malone in 97-98. I am assuming that is for the most part the only way we have had a starter. Everyone since then were coaches decisions or replacements. Karl was voted in several times in his career though, so we have had him a few times. Stockton was voted in by fans in the 96-97 season. They were both voted in for the 93 game when they shared co-MVP awards and it was held in Utah. Other than Stockton and Malone each being voted in a handful of times, you have to go back to 84-85 for Adrian Dantley, and he was voted in by fans. Dantley had like 5 times with the Jazz voted in by fans, and before him Maravich was voted in about that many too. So we have had a long drought of no ASG starters. Mainly as the league became more international, we became a more and more insignificant part of the voting public. One of the smallest fan-bases in the NBA can only compete so much with the international juggernaut franchises, and international players from very populous countries.

Hell even Donovan Mitchell moving to freaking Cleveland was a big enough jump in fan-base to get him in. Our votes are like most votes cast in Utah, pretty much irrelevant.

Lauri is going to hit 10 threes and win MVP. LFG!!!!
Um, everyone will hit 10 3's. That is the basic price of admission for a shooter at this point. When the final score is 187-183 there are a lot of wide wide open 3 pointers to go around.

Only thing making it even sweeter is if he gets picked before Don.
How does the "starter" designation affect the jr. high playground team-picking ceremony? Even if Lauri is picked last will he still be a starter, or do the captains have to pick from the starters first? I have no idea because it has become so juvenile it is the most cringe-inducing part of the entire NBA experience, so I avoid that entire part of it like the plague it is on the sport.

How does the "starter" designation affect the jr. high playground team-picking ceremony? Even if Lauri is picked last will he still be a starter, or do the captains have to pick from the starters first? I have no idea because it has become so juvenile it is the most cringe-inducing part of the entire NBA experience, so I avoid that entire part of it like the plague it is on the sport.
I think the starters are picked first and the players selected as reserves are picked after starters are off the boards.