What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

No All-NBA for Lauri...I thought for sure he'd make 3rd team. I'm pretty surprised Randle made it over him.

View: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1656435113176047624

View: https://twitter.com/BensHoops/status/1656439839645106176

Boooooo NBA!!!!

Randle's raw numbers are fine but really thought Lauri would be in there... but then again Randle plays for the Knicks so...

Mildly surprised Lebron made it with only 54 games played. Not complaining... just surprised. 5 dudes would not have met the minimum games played requirement going forward.

Also wondered if voters would punish Dame for playing 58... especially since he was shut down... but apparently no worries.

Sabonis getting an all-nba nod over Lauri is a joke of epic proportion
Both deserved an all nba team selection. Both had amazing seasons, but even if it was Lauri vs Sabonis, Sabonis should get the nod. That’s nothing against Markkanen, but I believe the guy that had more team success should get it.

Oh wow, does this mean he'll complete everything this year?
No, he has a minimum of 165 days to do and that would take him into the end of October - which he obviously won't do.

And unlike the Twitter post says, he didn't really "complete" anything. He took the oath along with everybody else at the end of the boot camp period - but the service continues pretty much as until now. Just now more focus on specific skills they're taught in the Sports School (recon, signals etc.) for the next 6 weeks.

No, he has a minimum of 165 days to do and that would take him into the end of October - which he obviously won't do.

And unlike the Twitter post says, he didn't really "complete" anything. He took the oath along with everybody else at the end of the boot camp period - but the service continues pretty much as until now. Just now more focus on specific skills they're taught in the Sports School (recon, signals etc.) for the next 6 weeks.
Thanks.

How much longer will he have after he is done this year? (I apologize as I think this has already been discussed)