What's new

Lebron: CP3 similar to Stockton

silesian

2022 Prediction Contest Winner
"A lot of people compare @CP3 to Isiah Thomas but I think he's similar to Stockton. They get everyone involved throughout the game.... rarely shoot the ball, but when they do they rarely miss. Leaders and of course feisty as h-e double hockey sticks!"

A nice complement to both great players.

"A lot of people compare @CP3 to Isiah Thomas but I think he's similar to Stockton. They get everyone involved throughout the game.... rarely shoot the ball, but when they do they rarely miss. Leaders and of course feisty as h-e double hockey sticks!"

He's a better scorer than Stockton was, which I think is why he is more often compared to Thomas, a guy who could score at a high rate while simultaneously be an elite floor general.

Fairly spot on, CP3 is a better scorer, however I still think that Stockton in todays NBA would score much more with how the 3 pointer has changed and the how the rules have changed as well

Fairly spot on, CP3 is a better scorer, however I still think that Stockton in todays NBA would score much more with how the 3 pointer has changed and the how the rules have changed as well

Maybe, it's just not in his nature to shoot a lot. He never averaged over 12 shots a game even though he should have shot way more.

Maybe, it's just not in his nature to shoot a lot. He never averaged over 12 shots a game even though he should have shot way more.

No way Paul is a better scorer. Stockton was the greatest pure pg to play the game, and it's not even close. He was so good at controlling and taking over a game by simply running an offense that he didn't feel a need to score, plus it didn't hurt that he played with the best offensive 4 of all time. Simply put he was a more efficient scorer and better shooter then Paul, but because he was such a good playmaker, he relied on it more then scoring for himself. He could've scored 22-24 a game if he had wanted to.

Did he really say "h-e double hockey sticks!" What a douche.

No way Paul is a better scorer. Stockton was the greatest pure pg to play the game, and it's not even close. He was so good at controlling and taking over a game by simply running an offense that he didn't feel a need to score, plus it didn't hurt that he played with the best offensive 4 of all time. Simply put he was a more efficient scorer and better shooter then Paul, but because he was such a good playmaker, he relied on it more then scoring for himself. He could've scored 22-24 a game if he had wanted to.
Stock's brother is also a better insurance agent than Paul's brother. Claims that other agents would send to adjusters he just settles himself on the spot. Total legend.

As much as we all hate Lebron I can't imagine what it would be like to see him in a Jazz uniform. It'd be like having a Jazzgasm every night.
Would be awesome.
And I don't hate lebron. Dude is unselfish, extremely talented, is a nice guy on and off the court, never gets in trouble off the court (I never hear about lebron drunk at the club getting into fights, having weapons on him, beating up women, getting dui's, etc etc) plays defense, rarely ever gets injured, is a good leader, does it all as far as basketball is concerned (assists, rebounds, defense, points, leadership)
Only weakness is his outside shot and The Decision imo

Would be awesome.
And I don't hate lebron. Dude is unselfish, extremely talented, is a nice guy on and off the court, never gets in trouble off the court (I never hear about lebron drunk at the club getting into fights, having weapons on him, beating up women, getting dui's, etc etc) plays defense, rarely ever gets injured, is a good leader, does it all as far as basketball is concerned (assists, rebounds, defense, points, leadership)
Only weakness is his outside shot and The Decision imo

He does a lot of dumb things though and does a ton of things that makes it hard to like him. Yes he's a model citizen, but sometimes doesn't use common sence when dealing with teammates and media.

He does a lot of dumb things though and does a ton of things that makes it hard to like him. Yes he's a model citizen, but sometimes doesn't use common sence when dealing with teammates and media.
When you are on top for as long as him and always under the microscope and media/public scrutiny eventually he will have tons of haters for all kinds of trivial things no matter what he does.

When you are on top for as long as him and always under the microscope and media/public scrutiny eventually he will have tons of haters for all kinds of trivial things no matter what he does.

Very rare that a player or star goes out of his way to throw a coach under the bus the way he did or call out fans after losing in the title game to Dallas or quit on his team the year he left cle. Or say to the world he wants to play with some other teams players in the middle of a season basically dissing your teammates. Should I go on??

I don't get it

The game was airing during the Golden State/San Antonio game, so him tweeting stuff about Stockton/Malone showed he was watching NBATV instead of watching the Warriors/Spurs game. That was the morning talk show spin on the tweets.

The game was airing during the Golden State/San Antonio game, so him tweeting stuff about Stockton/Malone showed he was watching NBATV instead of watching the Warriors/Spurs game. That was the morning talk show spin on the tweets.
Oh I see.

Both also accused of being dirty. CP3 for lil bitch nutshots, Stock for elbowing bigs on back screens. Apples to oranges, but still.