Leftist attacks Conservative on UC Berkeley Campus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NPC D4617, Feb 21, 2019.

1. NPC D4617

NPC D4617 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    You seem like a reasonable person. I dont have anything to argue with you about.

olden_undercover and fishonjazz like this.

2. LogGrad98

LogGrad98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Jul 7, 2010
    I totally get it. Life is complicated and people are not sound bites. People have all kinds of different facets, and really none of us are the same person in every scenario. We are different around our family, our friends, co-workers, hell even around different members of our family, and of course, online. And then we are who we are when no one is around. That's a person no one really see but us. I've had some friends similar to what you describe, not necessarily with race and women like that, but ideas and such I found objectionable. I've also had some "friends" who turned out to be hard-core racists. I cut them out at that point. But I'm lucky that none of my closer friends ever had that proclivity, as I don't know what I'd do in that exact circumstance. But my gut tells me I'd cut things off. That's just so unsettling. At the core of racism and sexism, imo, is a general disregard for or devaluing of human life. That's something I have a hard time with and just refuse to be around myself.

I hope you never have reason to regret the relationship fish. And I hope you can continue having this person in your life as long as you want or need to. We all need a few friends like that. And I'm a little jealous that I don't have any friends that close really. I hope it continues to work for you.

Red, olden_undercover and fishonjazz like this.
  3. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    I also want to say that I will always hold the president of the United States of America to a higher standard than friends I grew up with in Kearns Utah.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

olden_undercover and LogGrad98 like this.
  4. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
    Thank you. He holds an obviously special place in my heart. I will forgive and have leniency more for those dearest to me. There is certainly bias on my part that I'm not proud of but that I definitely acknowledge.

LogGrad98 likes this.
  5. NPC D4617

NPC D4617 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Oh man. Ive been to Kearns. The President definitely has higher standards than people from K-town.

Haha

6. One Brow

One Brow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    There were no such polls, and for those who knew how to read the actual polls, they also knew Trump had a decent chance.

7. One Brow

May 26, 2010
    Trump was censured for not renting to black people. Trump took out a full-page ad insisting on the convictions of the Central Park Five, and continued to insist on their guilt even after they were exonerated by DNA evidence. Trump campaigned on calling Mexicans rapists, and has referred to calling the illegal immigrants "diseased". If you don't hear the racism in those comments/actions, then I don't know what you would consider to be evidence of racism in the modern political world.

I would probably not be friends with fishonjazz's friend, but I have not lived fishonjazz's life. I think he underestimates how poisonous these biases can be even when they come out subtly.

8. One Brow

May 26, 2010
    In your opinion, who on the left is the equivalent of the KKK on the right?

9. One Brow

May 26, 2010
  10. silesian

silesian Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    A few pages ago you implied that killing babies was okay if the woman was raped, which is horrible, horrible immoral thought. You believe abortion is the same as killing a 5 year old, right? So if a woman is raped, you can kill her 5 year old child, or so you believed a few days ago.

11. Stoked

Stoked Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Dec 13, 2011
    He also reversed that comment a few posts later.

And depending on how far along the pregnancy is I am increasingly inclined to agree.

But sometimes horrible choice have to be made.

12. silesian

silesian Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Yes, NPC was for murder before he was against murder. A curious flip flop don’t you think?

Just to be clear....

I’m anti abortion and the way to stop them is birth control and education. Solve the problem is unwanted pregnancy and the symptom if abortion vanishes.

Putting doctors and women in jail will do nothing to solve the problem. It will drive unsafe practices like pre Roe v Wade.

I have a hard time accepting a categorical equivalency between the life of a an egg that was fertilized 12 seconds ago and the life of a 12 year old child. But this is precisely what people like NPC profess to believe. If folks truly believed this you would see funerals for every miscarriage.

You should lose the right to choose in the late pregnancy unless the life of the mother is in jeapordy.

13. Stoked

Dec 13, 2011
    For those that do believe that there are funerals. Just because they’re private affairs changes nothing. Like Luke and Sophia in my family. Both never made it full term. Both had a funeral type service with just their parents and siblings. They have their own graves and head stones.

Those do happen.

Also, you realize NPC is a troll right? Don’t take anything he says seriously.

14. idestroyedthetoilet

idestroyedthetoilet Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Nobody likes a hypocrite. The radical left here pretty consistently go after Hack, and "the right" or pretty much anyone half rational for that matter, and conveniently say nothing critical about anyone extremely left. Need me to link 100 threads of one-sided silence and another 100 of one sided outrage for proof? Or is what you are doing here enough? Do you need to read One Brow, arguably the boards most prominent one sided member, crying about Archie? Or the group of cringeworthy, childish leftists roaming here doing ad nauseum (in this thread too but where's your critique)? Bottom line, all y'all who keep complaining about hack need to put your money where your mouth is or shut the **** up. It's dumb to complain one sidedly about one sided posters.

15. One Brow

May 26, 2010
    <3

I'm not sure that's true, but appreciate the compliment.

16. Stoked

Dec 13, 2011
    Based on?

Who would you say is both to the left of and more prominent than you?

17. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
    To the left of is easy. Thriller.
    Not really sure what prominent means in this context but I'm thinking thriller

Stoked likes this.
  18. One Brow

May 26, 2010
    Red and Zombie certainly have better thumbs/posts and trophies/post ratios. I had not thought of The Thriller until fishonjazz mentioned him.

19. olden_undercover

olden_undercover Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Well you see, pal, I didn't read this entire thread. And I don't read most of what is posted on JF, either, because I have a job and a family and, you know, personal interests that don't include ranting endlessly against complete strangers about politics. I DO know Fish well enough, though, to feel compelled to defend him, after reading what I felt was Hack's unfair treatment of him. Kudos to Hack for having some class, engaging respectfully, and acknowledging a general need for more moderate thinking. Maybe I didn't articulate myself well, but he, at least, got what I was saying. It doesn't look to me like you took time to establish context before responding to me. But you know what? I forgive you; hopefully you can now sleep at night, resume your regular eating and bathrooming routine, etc.

20. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2018
    Look at my thumbs/post ratio. ****ing elite. Bet you're jealous.

Stoked and fishonjazz like this.