What's new

Letting Paul Millsap leave killed the Utah Jazz

That GSW pick in 2017 isn't necessarily a "late-first." It's still the Warriors we're talking about...

Would be awesome to see the bottom fall out of GSW in 2017. It is an unprotected first. Although now that Mark Jackson is gone, I find it harder to hope for their demise.

Would be awesome to see the bottom fall out of GSW in 2017. It is an unprotected first. Although now that Mark Jackson is gone, I find it harder to hope for their demise.

The fact that we have an unprotected pick is all it takes for me to hope, daily, for the Tanker's demise. Easy as ****, really.

Yes, Atlanta is playing great. Millsap helps, but he isn't the only guy out there. Watching the Jazz play them, I was thinking how great he was doing and maybe they shouldn't have let him go. But then I think he's playing better there than he would be here. He's a good fit for them, they are coached well (not that we aren't), and he's definitely getting the minutes he deserves. I'm glad to see him doing so well, but we have an awful lot to cheer about here, even if the W/L column doesn't show it yet.

I think Millsap was being held back here. Playing next to Jefferson sorta made it hard for him to be at his best I think. I hated that we let him go without seeing who he was not next to Jefferson.

Pure comedy this is still being discussed, and passionately at that! Then again, I have a dark and needy sense of humor not common outside certain parts of the north east and Alaska.

Can't wait til sized-huge[moron]huge-sized comes in here in late May when the Hawks are in the ECF. Yeah, real tough to talk **** and not put anything of worth on the line.

Can't wait til sized-huge[moron]huge-sized comes in here in late May when the Hawks are in the ECF. Yeah, real tough to talk **** and not put anything of worth on the line.

Your macho bull **** is exhausting. And I know something about macho bull ****.

Your macho bull **** is exhausting. And I know something about macho bull ****.

Why is it macho? He stated something emphatically. I disagreed and challenged him to a bet. Surely he is so confident about his proclamation that the bet should be no issue for him, no? And yet it is. So what other way is there to stand behind one's word? To prove that truly and strongly that one believes their word? Please provide me another way to stand behind it as strongly and I will consider it as an alternative "wager."

Otherwise, you do have the option to put me on ignore.

The Hawks will maybe win one playoff series and then lose in the second round. Woopadeedoo. They play in the East. Get over it.

Yes, he was just unstoppable the last time the Jazz got to the playoffs. The Spurs had no answer for Milsap and we swept them, right?

Get over Sap. He is gone and the Jazz were going nowhere with him, nowhere. Now there is a glimmer of hope that we can be competitive again.

Stupid uneducated comments right there.

Nobody ever said Sap was a superstar. But he was worth every penny he was paid, he was a borderline all Star while with the Jazz and he was the franchises heart and soul player.

And now the Jazz are a perennial basket case. Hope you're enjoying the mountain of losses.

And if you think the Jazz were going nowhere with Sap, just wait til you see where Favors , Hayward and Kanter take the team. Hint - you wont like it

And if you think the Jazz were going nowhere with Sap, just wait til you see where Favors , Hayward and Kanter take the team. Hint - you wont like it

Lol, wonder why you conveniently left out Gobert? I will happily wait for where this team takes us. It's probably too much to hope for matching the 4 more games we experienced with Alsap, but with any luck, maybe we can return to the glory of almost making the playoffs again.

Lol, wonder why you conveniently left out Gobert? I will happily wait for where this team takes us. It's probably too much to hope for matching the 4 more games we experienced with Alsap, but with any luck, maybe we can return to the glory of almost making the playoffs again.
This.
I think in 2 more years we will be better than we ever were with millsap and big al leading us

Didn't bother to read any of the other pages...I call BS on this op. Millsap had it on cruise control the last couple of years on the Jazz. He just plain didn't want to be here from my point of view.

Stupid uneducated comments right there.

Nobody ever said Sap was a superstar. But he was worth every penny he was paid, he was a borderline all Star while with the Jazz and he was the franchises heart and soul player.

And now the Jazz are a perennial basket case. Hope you're enjoying the mountain of losses.

Where did I say anything about Millsap?

Why is it macho? He stated something emphatically. I disagreed and challenged him to a bet. Surely he is so confident about his proclamation that the bet should be no issue for him, no? And yet it is. So what other way is there to stand behind one's word? To prove that truly and strongly that one believes their word? Please provide me another way to stand behind it as strongly and I will consider it as an alternative "wager."

Otherwise, you do have the option to put me on ignore.

You can't think of one reason why someone wouldn't enjoy betting on sports? Not one? Is it possible that you actually lack this much empathy and imagination?

I think Millsap was being held back here. Playing next to Jefferson sorta made it hard for him to be at his best I think. I hated that we let him go without seeing who he was not next to Jefferson.

Was he being held back? Yes, that's almost irrefutable at this point - just based on how much he's blossomed as a 3 point shooter in the past couple of years. Millsap is the #1 option in Atlanta (Horford for all his talent isn't as developed), and the Hawks are looking at winning the whole thing. The Miracle in Miami game showed Millsap's true potential (not that he can/should do that every night), but he is capable of taking over a game and winning that game even against Lebron James.

Had Sloan and Corbin not been so anti-3 pointer, the whole spacing issue with Jefferson and Millsap on the court at the same time may not have been a concern at all.

You can't think of one reason why someone wouldn't enjoy betting on sports? Not one? Is it possible that you actually lack this much empathy and imagination?

Also, even though I don't like sports betting, I'm not a ****ing moron. Who in their right mind would take an even-odds bet, in January, for a team to reach the ECF? Injuries, trades, etc. happen. When a doofus like you starts puffing about a $1000 and gives no odds, then you're exactly the kind of ******* to avoid getting involved in gambling with.

There's one reason for you.

Also, even though I don't like sports betting, I'm not a ****ing moron. Who in their right mind would take an even-odds bet, in January, for a team to reach the ECF? Injuries, trades, etc. happen. When a doofus like you starts puffing about a $1000 and gives no odds, then you're exactly the kind of ******* to avoid getting involved in gambling with.

There's one reason for you.

ROFL. Yeah, I'm gonna give you odds. Right now, you're the 1 seed and essentially stated they're a lock to make the ECF. You got it all locked up bro.

Now go meet Trout for lunch again.

ROFL. Yeah, I'm gonna give you odds. Right now, you're the 1 seed and essentially stated they're a lock to make the ECF. You got it all locked up bro.

Now go meet Trout for lunch again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to QuinSnydersHair again.

I'm ok with QSH betting on if it's gonna snow tomorrow if he/she/it wants. What annoys me is when he/she/it spams a game thread with the likes of his/her/it's bets...