What's new

Locke Bias makes me sick

Cope

So I'm catching part of the game while going to dinner with the wife and I hear the following from Jazz Employee Locke.

The only reason the lineup of Burks, Carroll, Favors, and Kanter is doing so well tonight is only because of matchups. They are not that good.

I know Portland had a weak bench but at that time Batum, Lillard, and Aldridge were all on the floor.

At what point does his love for Jefferson and Millsap fade? At what point is he told his metrics and formulas don't matter and are wrong. Is he simply auditioning for the next stats guy for ESPN?

I don't get it and turned it as I decided that waiting until I got home was better than listening to him.

As the guy in Happy Gilmore would say..... jackass

If there was a game to rip on our bench, this was it. We can't win too many games when our bench is outscored. Friggin Nolan Smith.

-George

It's not a true bias. It's denial imposed by employers.

He can and will use any stat he can to back up whatever point he's supposed to push. Again, anyone that was paying attention to his AK-schtick pre-NJ trade rumor (Carmello edition, 2010 offseason) and during knows exactly how fast and how easy it is for him to switch gears.

I'm pretty sure Locke doesn't like Big Al. There's like only 1 stat that Locke likes of Big Al's and that's clutchness....Big Al shows up badly in Locke Ratings. He's like a bench-big according to Locke ratings.
Locke wants to keep his job and feed his family, so he acts like he likes infamous players. Blame the Jazz, not Locke.

Blame Locke if you don't like his voice, stats, or the way he says 'essence' all the time.
I'm pretty sure his bias doesn't really come from himself....it's an employee enforced bias and rightfully so- the Jazz want all their pieces to look good in the Jazz media. If not, we can't get a good trade value out of them.

EDIT- https://weareutahjazz.com/lockedonjazz/2013/02/01/stat-check-jazz-offensive-numbers-for-january/

I'm pretty sure Locke doesn't like Big Al. There's like only 1 stat that Locke likes of Big Al's and that's clutchness....Big Al shows up badly in Locke Ratings. He's like a bench-big according to Locke ratings.
Locke wants to keep his job and feed his family, so he acts like he likes infamous players. Blame the Jazz, not Locke.

Blame Locke if you don't like his voice, stats, or the way he says 'essence' all the time.
I'm pretty sure his bias doesn't really come from himself....it's an employee enforced bias and rightfully so- the Jazz want all their pieces to look good in the Jazz media. If not, we can't get a good trade value out of them.

EDIT- https://weareutahjazz.com/lockedonjazz/2013/02/01/stat-check-jazz-offensive-numbers-for-january/

do you blame him. i honestly don't
there is a saying i dont know if their is an english version.
but rouglhy translated it is whose bread you eat, his language you speak.

meaning his employer is paying him so yeah if he has to shine **** gold. he will do his darnest to do that.

i dont blame the guy

Locke's bias in favor of Favors & Gordan makes me sick. He & this board, both overrate them! Enes sucked yesterday & just like AK, I cringe when I see Burks handle the ball.

The reason Locke has a job is matchups. He just isn't that good. Most of us would prefer Hot Rod but apparently Locke has a better PER.

The Jazz Media is able to make crap look like gold. No freedom of opinion, no freedom of speech: do what they want or you will lose your job. No critics allowed. I would have a hard time being a sports journalist in Utah or in some other small markets. Sometimes you have to be a bada** in order to force your team to get better. I mean, you have to be allowed to criticize if you think you are right. It's so boring to hear the same things over and over again...

I often pretend to like and respect the company I work for, too.

Locke's fine, honestly. I like that he's created a job for himself and has sort of cultivated a hardcore fan base around the jazz. People hate locke because they're convinced Jefferson is the devil (he's not), and so Locke reacts by overselling Jefferson as god. It upsets people because Hayward is the only god and fallenchicken is his messenger.

The only thing that annoys me about him is his writing. It's like he doesn't proof-read. I know he's probably in a hurry to get his "Empty The Noggin" up so he can go home, but it's like trying to decipher a 10th grader's review of a book he only read the footnotes for.

At what point does his love for Jefferson and Millsap fade? At what point is he told his metrics and formulas don't matter and are wrong.
As the guy in Happy Gilmore would say..... jackass
They change once Jefferson or Millsap are traded or if the FO decides NOT to offer either one a contract. Then Locke is told to find (or given) reasons why the changes have been made. Face it, in Utah, the media is owned by the team. Locke works for the Jazz. If he says ANYTHING critical, he'll find himself with much less access to the FO and players. It's sad, but Locke has to ensure his survival.

I wish someone would have the cajones to stand up and criticize the Jazz organization. A subpar product is being trotted out there every night and without criticism, without accountability, there's simply no impetus for change. My wish would be for the Jazz to make the playoffs, but have less than 15K seats filled. Have the fans show Miller and KOC that simply showing up isn't good enough any more.

They change once Jefferson or Millsap are traded or if the FO decides NOT to offer either one a contract. Then Locke is told to find (or given) reasons why the changes have been made. Face it, in Utah, the media is owned by the team. Locke works for the Jazz. If he says ANYTHING critical, he'll find himself with much less access to the FO and players. It's sad, but Locke has to ensure his survival.

I wish someone would have the cajones to stand up and criticize the Jazz organization. A subpar product is being trotted out there every night and without criticism, without accountability, there's simply no impetus for change. My wish would be for the Jazz to make the playoffs, but have less than 15K seats filled. Have the fans show Miller and KOC that simply showing up isn't good enough any more.

Are you high?

I have been critical of KOC and the FO for a few years now. Dont say nobody is. Especially when you were one of the ones who would tell me I'm stupid and wrong for saying so. Mr. Glasseater.

I'm webfamous so I count as somebody.

Are you high?

I have been critical of KOC and the FO for a few years now. Dont say nobody is. Especially when you were one of the ones who would tell me I'm stupid and wrong for saying so. Mr. Glasseater.

I'm webfamous so I count as somebody.
I'm talking about the media, not fellow Jazzfanz'ers. The media gives the organization a free pass.
AS for my personal opinion, I've never called anyone stupid or wrong. I may disagree with someone's opinion, but I can't recall ever resorting to attacking someone on a personal basis. And that includes neg rep. The only time I've ever given someone neg rep is after they have done the same to me.

Locke is not media, he's an employee of the Utah jazz.

Just like boler and harpring who have amped up the AJ love it appears

Locke is not media, he's an employee of the Utah jazz.

Just like boler and harpring who have amped up the AJ love it appears

I don't really sense any "AJ love" from Harpring or Boler though. Boler always seems to accentuate the plays when a guy blows by Al on D. "There goes ________ right past Al again...;" "another layup past Jefferson," etc. And I don't exactly hear Harpring sing Al's praises either. Yes, many media (Harpring, Boler, and Locke included) like to highlight the clutch plays by Al at the end of games, but not recognizing that is more haterish than mentioning it is blind biased love.