What's new

Locke interviews draftexpress's Jonathon Givony

I like to crowd-source my mocks among those who do it professionally. It gives you an idea who will be available in a particular range. I guess ultimately your question boils down to "why read articles that look forward at all, why not just wait until the draft happens."

No it's fine. I just don't buy into the fact that they are going to be right most the time. Interesting to read occasionally though.

I think a better indicator would be how far off each guy was with each pick.

Is a guy who got Rubio in the right slot but Flynn 5 picks off a better predictor than a guy who had Flynn and Rubio flip flopped?
Exactly. I think if a guy gets picked within 3 spots of where you had him, then give yourself credit for that pick. I'll bet GM's don't do better than most of these draft "experts" just because everyone has their board a little different.

I mean, I think 95% of us would agree Wall, Turner, Favors, Johnson and Cousins will probably be the first 5 chosen. After that, it's a crap shoot. And like Numberica said, one unpredictable move can screw everything up. In the NBA, that was usually the Knicks (Balkman anyone?). In football, it's usually the Raiders). This draft, I really see it coming down to Sacramento & Golden State. I think the Dalembert trade actually INCREASES the likelihood the Kings take Cousins. But some think just the opposite. And GS could go small - they've never met a big guy they like. And they've been looking to trade Ellis. What if they decided to draft Henry to pair up with Curry?

My feeling is that the Jazz board looks something like this:
Wall
Turner
Favors
Aldrich
Monroe
Johnson
Babbitt
Davis
Aminu

I purposely left off Cousins. Doubtful he'd slip to #9, but I have a feeling KOC, Sloan and Miller are praying he goes early. They want no part of DeMarcus. Highly talented, poorly motivated. How quick do you think Sloan would have him in the doghouse asking to be traded?