What's new

Looks like we lost the draft tie breaker.....

I literally predicted it would happen.

I knew because the Utah Jazz have the worst luck of any team in professional sports.

Really this doesn't matter but it feels like 2020 is really twisting the knife on us. Will suck to trade the 23 pick to offload Ed's salary instead of the 20th pick but oh well.

We won't have to trade our pick to move Ed. His contract isn't that big. Also the Jazz can make a reasonable case that his poor play was due to a combination of injury and poor system fit. A playoff contender might give us an asset for him. Worst comes to worst we might have to give up a future 2nd for some team with cap space to take him on.

I think we are like 1 - 6 on coin tosses. The draft process sometimes smells a little bit.

Cavs lose lebron - cavs get 3 x #1 draft picks in a row.

Hurricane Katrina - New Orleans gets Anthony Davis.

It often feels like a mechanism to boost ratings in states affected in the biggest way.

I was going to say the same thing about coin tosses, that the only one(s) I remember going in the Jazz' favor are when they belonged to another team, like the Nets from the DWill trade. The ping pong ball technically had the other team's logo on it so those are the only ones I remember going in the Jazz favor.

Going back 15yrs the Jazz may have won 1 but that is still very poor %, wish some numbers geek would take the time to go over each teams "luck" for tie breakers.

I also know I'm bias and so wondering why they just don't use the head to head tie breaker (if there is one like in this scenario) might just be sour grapes from the Jazz always losing these.

Kinda funny how it worked though that cosmetically it worked in reverse tie breaker, 4th seed (OKC) got 21, 5th seed (HOU) got 22 and the 6th seed (Utah) gets 23.

I think we are like 1 - 6 on coin tosses. The draft process sometimes smells a little bit.

It often feels like a mechanism to boost ratings in states affected in the biggest way.

Don't forget that when they lost that pick/player AD to the LAL the league then awarded them with another #1 overall pick, Zion.

I think the Jazz should (and will) try like hell to trade up for guys like Okoro, Vassell, Williams and maybe Poku and Bey.

If that doesn't work, they'll see if Josh Green falls in their lap. But he probably won't now.

If that doesn't work, they'll debate whether Paul Reed, Theo Maledon, or Leandro Bolmaro project to be good enough to start.

The Jazz will offer their pick, Ed Davis, Tony Bradley, a couple of the young guys, and future 2nds to trade up into the late teens.

I think they were always going to have to do things this way. They just made it harder for themselves.

They're not going to do any of that. Plenty of guys at 23 they could use.

Some of the lottery picks appear to be fixed. The rest are random.

Exum was about the biggest waste of a pick we've ever had. How many rotation players were drafted after him? That's the swift kick in the nuts. All the years wasted on him after was the alligator clips on the scrotum.

Exum was about the biggest waste of a pick we've ever had. How many rotation players were drafted after him? That's the swift kick in the nuts. All the years wasted on him after was the alligator clips on the scrotum.
Alligator clips and the scrotum is something I had never heard before and now I can never unhear it.
Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app