What's new

Lots of trade rumors popping up about Hayward to boston?

Quick question....Which Hayward will the Jazz be trading?

The Hayward who went 13 for 16 for 37 pts against the Thunder, or

The Hayward who went 1-17 for 5 pts against the Pelicans?

It would be awesome if we could split Hayward into two people like in Superman III. We could trade the crappy Hayward and keep the awesome one.

Maybe that is why Hayward has not been playing the last three games. he is trade bait?.... and jazz FO dosent want him getting hurt.

If Hayward is traded, that would be the most shocking thing that has ever happened to this franchise. Sloan stepping down was a mild surprise. D-Will, the writing was on the wall. But to trade Hayward, the guy they market the team around, The Face of the Franchise? I would be stunned. Think of the repercussions: No all-American white guy to market, all the ladies love Too Big, Yo, and Fresh Market would have to find someone else to do their amazing ad throwing fruit in the bag. No way does Hayward get traded.

If Hayward is traded, that would be the most shocking thing that has ever happened to this franchise. Sloan stepping down was a mild surprise. D-Will, the writing was on the wall. But to trade Hayward, the guy they market the team around, The Face of the Franchise? I would be stunned. Think of the repercussions: No all-American white guy to market, all the ladies love Too Big, Yo, and Fresh Market would have to find someone else to do their amazing ad throwing fruit in the bag. No way does Hayward get traded.
I agree, no way Hayward will be traded, but it's fun to discuss anyway.

Not for me. No way do they keep the young 5 together so they will move someone who brings good assets in return. Right now I would say Favors and Trey are the two hardest to pry away. Wing players are the easiest to replace and if you are solid there with an above average front line and PG you are in the running. Not saying to trade GH but I doubt he is off limits. If the Celts offered Green and two lottery picks, GH is wearing green. I don't see the Celts doing this doesn't mean to me that GH is a lock here.

I would be shocked but it would be a balls to the wall tank move, no doubt.

It appears Boston is gutting the team for Hayward but it could be for another player just as easily. Greg Monroe at center fills a bigger need for them than Hayward over Green. Luol Deng is a more off the ball SF than Hayward and would match better with Rondo. Lance Stephenson and Chandler Parsons work for them very nicely as well.

Not for me. No way do they keep the young 5 together so they will move someone who brings good assets in return. Right now I would say Favors and Trey are the two hardest to pry away. Wing players are the easiest to replace and if you are solid there with an above average front line and PG you are in the running. Not saying to trade GH but I doubt he is off limits. If the Celts offered Green and two lottery picks, GH is wearing green. I don't see the Celts doing this doesn't mean to me that GH is a lock here.

How would the celtics offer two lottery picks?

I agree that the likelihood of trading Hayward is near zero, but any deal that included Boston's first (not the ATL/BRK one), even it included taking on Wallace, is a no brainer. 2 top 10 picks in this draft is better than Hayward in an RFA year and no deep thinking is required to figure that out. Unfortunately, I see no possibility of Boston doing that so it's all just wishful thinking.

So are you guys suggesting we trade hayward at draft night for their lotto pick?? Haha that's a good one, they would never do that.

And if you are suggesting trading around the Allstar break, then we wouldn't be getting a lotto pick. Boston would move back up within the playoffs.

So are you guys suggesting we trade hayward at draft night for their lotto pick?? Haha that's a good one, they would never do that.

And if you are suggesting trading around the Allstar break, then we wouldn't be getting a lotto pick. Boston would move back up within the playoffs.

That's what I originally thought, but I believe the idea is that we DON'T get Boston's pick; we get future #1's from them. Without Hayward, Utah would likely be a bottom-3 team, although with the way Burks has been playing, maybe the team drops (improves) to #6-8 even IF Hayward were never to play another minute this year.

I'm not sure why people want Boston's pick. Rondo and Hayward would put them in the playoffs. And I'm fairly sure Aaron Gordon or Doug McDermott are not going to be as good as Hayward.
Phoenix also covets Hayward, and they have a slew of picks that could possibly be combined into a top 10 pick. They are at least worth talking to.

I'm not sure why people want Boston's pick. Rondo and Hayward would put them in the playoffs. And I'm fairly sure Aaron Gordon or Doug McDermott are not going to be as good as Hayward.
Phoenix also covets Hayward, and they have a slew of picks that could possibly be combined into a top 10 pick. They are at least worth talking to.

For the record, all of the points I've been making in regards to trading Hayward are not specific to Boston. I think there are a lot of decent options that could be on the table, Phoenix definitely being among them. Charlotte seems like it could be a partner as well (they own Detroit's pick [top-8 protected in 2014, top-1 protected in 2015, and unprotected in 2016] and Portland's this year [this is besides their own pick if it isn't conveyed to Chicago but I don't know how that would work if not on draft night or something like that]).

Last edited:
If Hay went to Boston, could the Jazz then go back after him as a protected free agent this off season? :D

Offer Hayward the max, just so Boston has to match. LOL. Trade Hayward straight up for their first, tank this year, end up with Embiid and Exum and Hayward. LOL. Or Embiid and Pope.

Dirty.