What's new

Lots of trade rumors popping up about Hayward to boston?

Jazz don't need Rondo
No one would get excited about David Green or Olynyk.
Celtics would be fools to part with an unprotected pick

Even if DL could work out a deal that had some long term advantages, this would be a nightmare PR move. The Jazz would be trading their best player for the second time in 4 years.

What does this tell the casual Jazz fan?

Jazz don't need Rondo
No one would get excited about David Green.

Even if DL could work out a deal that had some long term advantages, this would be a nightmare PR move. The Jazz will be trading their best player for the second time in 4 years.

The Celtics have number of other teams picks.

See-- https://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2014

Jeff Green is worth something. If the Celtics are willing to talk Hayward and Jefferson for Green 2 first round picks and filler- we'll talk. Heck I would take 2 first round picks and filler.

Jeff Green is worth something. If the Celtics are willing to talk Hayward and Jefferson for Green 2 first round picks and filler- we'll talk. Heck I would take 2 first round picks and filler.

Other than their own pick, Boston's first round pick this year (most certainly from Atlanta) and next year (from LAC) will be somewhere in the 18-30 range.

I wouldn't be excited about either one of these picks unless there was another move down the road to package them for something else. Try selling that as a reason for trading their best player.

Other than their own pick, Boston's first round pick this year (most certainly from Atlanta) and next year (from LAC) will be somewhere in the 18-30 range.

I wouldn't be excited about either one of these picks unless there was another move down the road to package them for something else. Try selling that as a reason for trading their best player.

So your problem comes down to PR? or to bball?

What does the PR department want to pay Hayward?
What does the bball department want to pay Hayward?

While they are at it the Jazz should throw in Trey as well. He will probably leave in FA someday so they might as well get something for him while they still can.

This.
Our weakest postition is small forward and jeff green is pretty good....... give me green and a pick or two and im down.

Burke, burks, green, marvin, favors or burke, burks, green, favors, kanter looks pretty good.
Plus two lottery picks in this draft and the GS pick? We would be sitting pretty next year and not have to pay hayward 13 million +

Edut: I have no idea what greens contract is like so that would definately come into play.

Oh really? So what free agent can the Jazz nab that will throw down 17 5 and 5 a night?

Jeff green is averaging 16 points and 5 rebounds at least so thats not too bad....... throw in a lottery pick, and green plus whoever we draft with bostons pick can probably easily surpass those numbers

Plus we would probably get worse while the new lineups and players get chemistry with one another, making our own lottery pick better.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];748172 said:
the Celtics would not include their own pick this year + Green.

/topic

Then **** em

Jeff green is averaging 16 points and 5 rebounds at least so thats not too bad....... throw in a lottery pick, and green plus whoever we draft with bostons pick can probably easily surpass those numbers

Plus we would probably get worse while the new lineups and players get chemistry with one another, making our own lottery pick better.

I'm down with Jeff Green and two lottery picks...... nothing less, and probably filler as well.
Hayward is being praised around the league and has garnered a lot of attention.
Hardball must be played here.

Quick question....Which Hayward will the Jazz be trading?

The Hayward who went 13 for 16 for 37 pts against the Thunder, or

The Hayward who went 1-17 for 5 pts against the Pelicans?

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];748166 said:
So your problem comes down to PR? or to bball?

What does the PR department want to pay Hayward?
What does the bball department want to pay Hayward?

I'm not really talking about right or wrong or money - I am talking about how a franchise is perceived when they keep pawning off their best players without net improvement. If you were an NBA player would you sign a 4 year deal with this organization? If you were a coach would you join their staff? If you were not a diehard fan would you spend your money to come and see them play?

As one of the biggest Hayward homers, and thanks to the fact we have Burks, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on this as long as one of the picks is the Boston pick, but doubt they do that.
Then **** em

love the attitude. :)

Jazz don't need Rondo
No one would get excited about David Green or Olynyk.

Even if DL could work out a deal that had some long term advantages, this would be a nightmare PR move. The Jazz would be trading their best player for the second time in 4 years.

Who cares about the casual Jazz fan!!!;) As a fanatical Jazz fan I have no problem trading anyone if it gets us closer to a championship. Hayward had a chance to re-sign with the Jazz but he chose to take a chance in FA, therefore I have no loyalty towards him (he has a right to be a FA). The Jazz have to do what is best for the franchise, so if they don't think Hayward will re-sign at a reasonable rate then they need to trade him.

I hope Gordon remains a Jazz player but it has to be at the right price. So no matter if you are a casual or fanatical fan what this says to me is that the Jazz organization is trying to make the team better and not doing stupid things like overpaying for replaceable players (i.e. AK, Ostertag).

Getting rid of DW has been great for the Jazz, DW has struggled with injuries and the Jazz got Favors, Kanter, GS pick, and 2nd round pick netted Neto. Losing him also made the team worse so the Jazz were able to get Burks and Burke. Two guys who would not be on the team if we patched the team to just make the playoffs. How would the causal fan reacted if the Jazz let DW go for nothing?

I'm not really talking about right or wrong or money - I am talking about how a franchise is perceived when they keep pawning off their best players without net improvement. If you were an NBA player would you sign a 4 year deal with this organization? If you were a coach would you join their staff? If you were not a diehard fan would you spend your money to come and see them play?

It's hard to sign with, coach for, or otherwise join an organization that signs bad contracts.

I understand your point, but I'm seriously worried about having Hayward around for $12mil. On some level, it doesn't matter if the fans understand or not. Cash strapped is cash strapped.

What trade rumors? All we have is Bill Simmons pulling one out of his backside and suddenly this is a story? This is nothing more than an example of lazy reporting/analysis or rank speculation that substitutes for actual reporting that talking heads do all the time. Stevens coached Hayward in college, so of course Boston wants him, right? Jabari Parker is Mormon, so of course he wants to play for the Jazz. Of course, the Jazz also want to draft him.

Oh pulease!