What's new

Lyles shows what he's going to be able to do next year....

tleikheen

As Exum did after the All Star break last year showing amazing defensive potential at 19 years old ,Trey Lyles was aggressive offensively,shooting 8 for 18 while shooting 3's and faking and taking it to the basket for points.It's time to let Lyles get the minutes Booker is getting.Booker will never be able to match Lyles offensive game and more than likely won't be in a Jazz uniform next year.
This Jazz team is going to be Exum,Hood,Hayward,Favors,Gobert.....Burks,Lyles,1st round pick......after that pickem,Neto/Mack,Ingles/Johnson

Yep. Lyles deserves playing time. It can't be ignored. He went from being offensively inept to a weapon - and he's still a rookie. He deserves no less than 20 minutes a game.

Hopefully. I cannot wait until the Playoffs. All you neggy nancies will jump off your seats with excitement.

As Exum did after the All Star break last year showing amazing defensive potential at 19 years old ,Trey Lyles was aggressive offensively,shooting 8 for 18 while shooting 3's and faking and taking it to the basket for points.It's time to let Lyles get the minutes Booker is getting.Booker will never be able to match Lyles offensive game and more than likely won't be in a Jazz uniform next year.
This Jazz team is going to be Exum,Hood,Hayward,Favors,Gobert.....Burks,Lyles,1st round pick......after that pickem,Neto/Mack,Ingles/Johnson

A couple more players and we make the playoffs!

I'm loving Lyle's offensive potential. His defense seems to be coming along much slower - he's plays very "short" on defense for a 6'10" guy

Yep. Lyles deserves playing time. It can't be ignored. He went from being offensively inept to a weapon - and he's still a rookie. He deserves no less than 20 minutes a game.

Absolutely. I was rather amused at the folks at the beginning of the season who lambasted Lyles for his apparent lack of offensive skill. I mean, it's always a laughable position, especially when talking about a rookie. While Lyles is NOT the quickest guy on the court, his quite cerebral and usually takes what the defense gives him. It's exciting to see how much he has developed over the year.

Go Lyles.

Love Lyles' offensive game. I think if we're thinking of him as a Kanter replacement essentially, his offensive skill set is a better fit for this team. I've been pleasantly surprised by what he has shown as a rookie.

Honest question: How does he compare to Kanter on the defensive end? I mean I know he hasn't been a great defender but is it bad? I really haven't paid enough attention to know.

Interesting RPM rates Lyles offensively as among the worst PF's in the league (-3.35) but about average on defense (.02)

Absolutely. I was rather amused at the folks at the beginning of the season who lambasted Lyles for his apparent lack of offensive skill. I mean, it's always a laughable position, especially when talking about a rookie. While Lyles is NOT the quickest guy on the court, his quite cerebral and usually takes what the defense gives him. It's exciting to see how much he has developed over the year.

Go Lyles.

He is great on the break and we haven't seen that yet due to the PG situation. Lyles has uncanny court vision. As he gets comfortable and composed his basketball IQ is going to show more as well. As he gets stronger and improves his jumper it's going to be interesting to see what happens at the PF position....

Interesting RPM rates Lyles offensively as among the worst PF's in the league (-3.35) but about average on defense (.02)

I think this is encouraging, actually. He did struggle early in the season offensively and of course has poor games here and there as a rookie which may account for the poor offensive rating.

Build the body and his defense will improve. He fights and tries much more than I expected. Think he actually has the potential to be really, really good on that end.

I wish he were a little more athletic (seems like on some of his easier dunks he barely gets the ball over the rim) and to my eyeballs he doesn't appear to have much length my eyeballs could be wrong though... (I don't know his measurements)

He is MUCH better shooter than I thought he would be, his handles for his size are great, he is plenty quick for his position, seems like he will be a good passer and high iq guy.
His bench cheerleading is top notch and he seems to have a good personality.
His rebounding seems to be getting better.

I HATED when we picked him (I thought they should have taken oubre) but with hindsight I would take him over oubre without a doubt so far and though I would take booker over him, it's pretty close.

Well done Lyles

Thought this was a good place to mention that Booker had 34 points for Phoenix tonight, but he had terrible balance while doing it.