What's new

M. Night Shyamalan

So he's going to keep working even if this bombs badly.
I'm not sure. This is different. Budget on this movie was $250 million and that's before they spent an extra $10 million adding pretty campy 3D effects.
I don't see it breaking even. I could be wrong but I just don't think so.

I'm not sure. This is different. Budget on this movie was $250 million

That's just straight up ridiculous. Studios cost structure on films the last two years has been horrendous. You should never have to be one of the top 50 grossing films of all-time just to break even.

I have no idea what people are doing in those situations

I don't see it breaking even. I could be wrong but I just don't think so.

I agree it won't break even. I'm merely saying that it's likely he'll continue to work simply because his long-term track record is profitability. All that said, he's a guy you should NEVER give that large a budget to. Frankly, he strikes me as a guy that should be working with $20-40 million MAX. For most of his films, costly effects don't add much.

Well, obviously, ya give a guy a quarter of a billion dollars to work with, he's gunna manage to skim off enough to not care if he ever works again, eh?

The reviews are brutal. I was planing on seeing this tonight.
Guess I'll pass.

Anyone have anything GOOD to recommend?

This summer in movies has been awful..the only movie i'm planning to see in theaters is Inception

I liked The Village, Signs, and Unbreakable. Didn't he do The 6th Sense as well? Lady in the Water was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life, however.

I still put M. Night on my list of good movie makers.

This summer in movies has been awful..the only movie i'm planning to see in theaters is Inception

I couldn't agree more. Knight and Day was mediocre. I'm stoked for Inception. And I'm stoked just as equally for The Social Network but that's not coming out 'til the fall.

Dinner for Schmucks looks like it could be a riot though.