What's new

Making a Murderer

My favorite...

2v1xhft.png

I just watched the verdict read.
How the hell was that verdict reached? They found him guilty of murder, but not mutilating the mutilated body? That makes zero sense to me.

SPOILERS

On episode 5 (again) as I watch this time with MsSerp. Can't wait to finally watch episodes 6-10. That said, I feel very strongly that Bobby Massey, Brendan's older brother, killed the woman either by himself or with someone else. Though tbh, I feel just as strongly that it was the ex-boyfriend.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I think we are on episode 5 or 6. I know there were some items of evidence left out of the documentary or trial. I have read about those. However, the thing I keep coming back to is the lack of blood evidence in the trailer or garage. I really don't think Avery could have possibly cleaned everything up. And if he had, he'd have wiped his own DNA away as well. Looking at how cluttered the garage was, there would have been blood spatter on all kinds of stuff, and they found none of her DNA except the questionable and possibly contaminated sample from the bullet they found...many months later. And the key is a joke. His DNA is on it but not hers? How's that work when it was HER key? Not to mention the blood vial in evidence that had been obviously opened and tampered with. There's some circumstantial evidence but a total lack of reliable, physical, scientific evidence. Seems to me that reasonable doubt, at a very minimum, should have been ample in this case.

ETA: The prosecutor (Krantz?) and that officer Andrew Coburn both give me the creeps.

Just finished this, was purposely avoiding this thread.....I have no idea what exactly to believe, but do know those cops are dirty as hell and sloppy but are tight knit and loyal to each other....and the Avery's are a ****ed up family and wouldn't be suprised if Steven or Brendan or both did this

Just finished this, was purposely avoiding this thread.....I have no idea what exactly to believe, but do know those cops are dirty as hell and sloppy but are tight knit and loyal to each other....and the Avery's are a ****ed up family and wouldn't be suprised if Steven or Brendan or both did this

Ya, I think it's probably both.

Steven Avery probably did it, and that cops planted some evidence to ensure justice because maybe they felt they had a weak case, but new they had their guy.

Steven Avery probably did it, and that cops planted some evidence to ensure justice because maybe they felt they had a weak case, but new they had their guy.

I'm a few weeks out from watching it and I'm thinking the same thing.

However, Brendan Dassey is the other victim in all this mess. I don't believe for a second that he had anything to do with the actual murder. If I killed someone I think the last person I'd involve or reveal it to is a mentally challenged teenager.

Worst case scenario Brendan accidently stumbled on it after the fact; but my best guess is he doesn't know a damn thing. The fact that he's still in jail is an injustice. The fact that he hasn't been granted a new trial is downright disturbing.

Ya, I think it's probably both.

If Steven did do it he's going to great lengths to defend his innocence which to me makes me think he didn't do it but so many ****ing twists....wish the prosecuting side would come out with a show

I'd really like to see a "documentary" showing the other side of this. MaM was very biased, didn't really even attempt to show any reason why anyone would think it was Avery.

I'd really like to see a "documentary" showing the other side of this. MaM was very biased, didn't really even attempt to show any reason why anyone would think it was Avery.

This is where I landed as well.

That said, Brendon was absolutely railroaded into prison and I cannot believe that any juror would find him guilty based on the evidence as it was presented to us, the viewing audience. Has anyone ever read Kiss The Girls? I recognized the Patterson title as soon as I heard it but have never read it. I am curious how similar it is to what Brendon originally confessed to.

This is where I landed as well.

That said, Brendon was absolutely railroaded into prison and I cannot believe that any juror would find him guilty based on the evidence as it was presented to us, the viewing audience. Has anyone ever read Kiss The Girls? I recognized the Patterson title as soon as I heard it but have never read it. I am curious how similar it is to what Brendon originally confessed to.

Huh? I've seen the movie and remember it better than I do the book but am not sure what you're talking about here.

Huh? I've seen the movie and remember it better than I do the book but am not sure what you're talking about here.

When Brendon was asked if he had lied about his original confession and how he had come up with such detailed information he said that he read them in the book, Kiss the Girls. I was wondering how well his original confession matched with happenings in the book.

When Brendon was asked if he had lied about his original confession and how he had come up with such detailed information he said that he read them in the book, Kiss the Girls. I was wondering how well his original confession matched with happenings in the book.

1) Patterson is written at a very elementary level but I'm surprised Dassey could even handle it let alone want to read 300 pages of any book.

2) I don't recall this in the series but I trust you here and from what I remember from the film, I'm not sure what is similar to this case...other than the abduction of a female.

Just posted about this in another thread. Would love to discuss my thoughts. Will go through this thread when I get some time and post my replies to everyone about what I believe. It was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz