What's new

Game Thread Mar 04, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 03-04-22

I got really pissed at Quin for not holding his rotation guys accountable. Oh that's OK guys. Tried not to get too tired and everyone gets a juice box, a slice of orange and a trophy.

One thing I liked about the Pels' strategy is if you're going to put someone on the floor who isn't going to take shots and probably isn't going to help your spacing, then make that player a complete mother-hugger on defense and on the boards. The Pels did that with Jaxson Hayes. The Grizzlies do this too with Brandon Clarke. Great energy, great help defense, and extra possessions from offensive rebounds and turnovers.

That's my issue with Royce O'Neale. He's a low-usage guy who normally just moves the ball, but he doesn't rebound, defend or provide energy plays like an elite energy player. He's solid, but he doesn't impact the game all that often.

Glad I checked the halftime score before watching this one… so frustrating… I think we can kiss the visions of the 3 seed goodbye.

Good on Clarkson, I probably wouldn’t have been near as “diplomatic”. In the first place, that take is a total crock of horse **** IMO. Clarkson brought energy - made some interior plays that had the Pels broadcast team gushing about him- more than I can say for our starters!

What an embarrassing loss! Pelicans have been playing great but the Jazz losing by so much is worrisome. I know it is one game but Geez where was the effort.

What an embarrassing loss! Pelicans have been playing great but the Jazz losing by so much is worrisome. I know it is one game but Geez where was the effort.
I think the Rockets debacle took a lot out of them and the Pels scouting report was Aces. If Quin started the scrubs that played garbage time last night everyone would be urging they all be moved to the waiver wire if they played as poorly as the rotation guys. Just an awful performance.

haha This is literally about how much actual effort I put into my analysis on this one, combined with the fact that they beat us before with an even worse roster. Just feels like a L. Can't win every single game and we're 9 of the last 10, and our last three wins have been squeakers. They're on a streak and playing well with McCollum, and Valencunas (sp) gives Rudy trouble as often as not.

I trust my gut and am often right lolz.

What does your gut say about the playoffs?
I’m not sure what my gut is saying… but it has the same feeling I get after going hard at the taqueria.

Also why do we trust our heart, brain, gut… but not our balls. Never hear anyone saying “my balls feeling is that we should go for it”.

Anyone noticed the perimeter defense has suffered since Paschall resumed his bench warming duties?
Of course because not a single change was made to the starting 5, four of whom have already been exposed as terrible perimeter defenders, so take out one of the few guys that actually make an effort even for 4-6 MPG and it slips.