What's new

Game Thread Mar 04, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 03-04-22

This outing was about as disgusting as when Uncle Jeff and DedEx were on the team and the Jazz were down to Toronto I think by 40 at the half.

They’re a nightmare matchup for us. I don’t know if we could beat them in the playoffs tbh as I think their length and athleticism is a nightmare for us to score against. I don’t think we have the weapons to beat their defense. Herb jones locks down Spida and Hayes/Ingram lock down bogey. Conley isn’t going to go off for 30+. So that leaves non scorers having to carry a much heavier load.

Did anyone else find the commentary to be frustrating? Boler was acting like New Orleans was making shots from all over in that first half. Not really. They were generating a ton of turnovers and getting good looks of the transition game.

They’re very Memphis like. Long and athletic. We want to avoid them at all costs. If we okay them in the playoffs, I’m not sure we make it out alive.

In forrest 5 minutes of action: zero points, zero shots, zero assists, zero rebounds, zero steals, zero fouls, 1 turnover.
Donovan and Clarkson (our 2 volume shooters) are 5-19 from the field. Clarkson is 0-4 from 3. He is not a 3 point shooter whatsoever.
Bogey 0-5, Gay 0-2, conley 1-5. Total **** show out there.

Rudy and whiteside are about the only ones who even done anything positive in the box score.
Herb jones baby. He was wrecking havoc everywhere.

They’re a nightmare matchup for us. I don’t know if we could beat them in the playoffs tbh as I think their length and athleticism is a nightmare for us to score against. I don’t think we have the weapons to beat their defense.

Did anyone else find the commentary to be frustrating? Boler was acting like New Orleans was making shots from all over in that first half. Not really. They were generating a ton of turnovers and getting good looks of the transition game.
it's mostly Herb Jones. the kid has legit DPOY potential. he's gonna make multiple NBA all defense teams at least

There defensive length is killing us. I knew this game was going to be tough to win
Exactly this. I don’t think we have the weapons to beat their defense consistently. Even if they miss shots, their defense creates so many turnovers and misses that they’ll easily make up for their offense in transition.

Honestly, that’s one of the worst matchups for the jazz in a long time. The NO Pelicans are a team that could really upset some people if they get into the playoffs.

All I know is that Boozer was neutralized by the length of a Bynum / Gasol / Odom front court three years in a row and it still hurts.
This is actually a really really good comparison. Those Dwill jazz teams were solid offensively. But they looked like garbage against the lakers length. Don’t forget Kobe, Kobe was an incredible defense who could always help on deron.

Likewise, this pelicans team is just a nightmare.

7 minutes is all Quin played the end-of-bench guys in the third game of a 5 game road trip that was clearly over midway through the second quarter. Unacceptable.

Rudy is right. This team lacks hunger. All season long they’ve played like a team that already knows they are destined for defeat. I’m sure it is no fun playing for, and it is certainly no fun watching, a team that doesn’t believe in themselves.