What's new

Game Thread Mar 16, 2021 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Celtics

Added to Calendar: 03-16-21

24 free throws for Jazz, 4 for Celts so I imagine they’ll be whining about that but **** those insecure southie gerbils...great win, much needed...

After the TNT post game interview with Clarkson, Shaq referred to him as the most valuable guy on our team!
I’d still have to go with Gobert myself, but no mistaking the value of our brilliant sixth man!

After the TNT post game interview with Clarkson, Shaq referred to him as the most valuable guy on our team!
I’d still have to go with Gobert myself, but no mistaking the value of our brilliant sixth man!

I think you’re taking it out of context. He doesn’t think Clarkson is the best player on the team. He said if we want to go far in the playoffs he’s going to have to average 17-18 a night and is basically the X-Factor.

Good bounce back game.

There were a few uh oh moments. When they allowed a rebound and a second change Tatum bucket. Then the JC missed dunk and score on the other end.

Good sign that we didn't fall apart. Don did what he needs to do. Take over in close games and FINISH. Gobert was good overall.

Bojan still sucks

I had been leaning in that direction but was much more encouraged with his play tonight. Thought he turned in one of his better defensive performances as did Favors IMO.
Lackluster on d, and second guessing himself on offense. Why does he penetrate and dish or even drive to the basket.... Geez

Lackluster on d, and second guessing himself on offense. Why does he penetrate and dish or even drive to the basket.... Geez
He still looks a bit tentative on offense, I’ll give you that. He did considerably better than the GS game though, including a couple of nifty little post ups.

He still looks a bit tentative on offense, I’ll give you that. He did considerably better than the GS game though, including a couple of nifty little post ups.
In a mismatch situation he did take advantage, considerably better than the Golden State isn't saying much. He is ok as a complimentary weapon but he isn't good enough or consistent enough to be a primary one. He just isn't reliable. If he sucks now imagine how crappier he will be in defenses zero in on him? He will shy away even more.

In a mismatch situation he did take advantage, considerably better than the Golden State isn't saying much. He is ok as a complimentary weapon but he isn't good enough or consistent enough to be a primary one. He just isn't reliable. If he sucks now imagine how crappier he will be in defenses zero in on him? He will shy away even more.
Well there is no question that he has been slumping of late but did you forget the last second three in Houston last year or the last second three vs the Bucks last year? Many pundits were saying that the lack of Bogey was the reason for our early exit from the playoffs last year. Fan perception was totally different, I mean the guy walked on water.

So do we buy high and sell low on this guy or wait and give him a chance to break out of this slump? To be honest, I don't know if we could get much for him at this juncture. I mean, I like Jerami Grant but I doubt he's even available. Anyway, as bad as Bogey has been this year, it's still been good enough to help carry us to our best start in Jazz history. I think we gotta go home with the one that brung us at this point. I still think Bogey has about the sweetest looking stroke from three (the other being injured Eric Gordon IMO).

I should add that what looked like a problem area before if Bogey is unable to find his mojo soon is greatly mitigated by the acquisition of Ilyosova IMO.

Last edited:
I think you’re taking it out of context. He doesn’t think Clarkson is the best player on the team. He said if we want to go far in the playoffs he’s going to have to average 17-18 a night and is basically the X-Factor.
Well I did use the words "most valuable player on the Jazz" whereas a quick reference to the actual text was "most important player on the Jazz". But context in this instance is a matter of conjecture. What did Shaq imply when he said it and also what did I imply when I said it? I would still argue that Gobert's contribution is "more important" to our chances moving forward than Clarkson's. Though we need everybody firing on all eight if we're going to do well obviously. (I should add that Clarkson was the star of the game in my eyes last night shooting us out of that early hole!)