What's new

Game Thread Mar 20, 2022 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Knicks

Added to Calendar: 03-20-22

The only bummer about this game is that Gobert didn't just clobber that punk *** Randle.

- The defense, without Bogey, is noticeably better. The offense without Bogey, is noticeably more difficult.
- 2 good games in a row for Gay. Should we be resting him on back to backs?
- Defensive rebounding in the clutch was really good. Maybe I just have a little anxiety based off of previous experiences, but I really think we need another rebounder in our closing lineup.
- Royce was great
- Donovan navigating screens on defense and fighting through a whole defensive possession is maybe the single most important development of the season.
- Having 48 minutes of elite rim protection really messes up a team without elite shooting or someone who can pull our 5's away from the rim.

- The defense, without Bogey, is noticeably better. The offense without Bogey, is noticeably more difficult.
- 2 good games in a row for Gay. Should we be resting him on back to backs?
- Defensive rebounding in the clutch was really good. Maybe I just have a little anxiety based off of previous experiences, but I really think we need another rebounder in our closing lineup.
- Royce was great
- Donovan navigating screens on defense and fighting through a whole defensive possession is maybe the single most important development of the season.
- Having 48 minutes of elite rim protection really messes up a team without elite shooting or someone who can pull our 5's away from the rim.
Juancho needs to start hitting those open 3s with consistency. Bogey is a deadeye shooter, so I don't expect Juancho to ever be as offensively effective as Bogey. But he's gotta start hitting those shots if he wants to play. If he can, then I really love the defense and rebounding he brings to the table. He's a very long player.

All joking aside, sending you positive thoughts. Sports can be a nice distraction from reality.

Thanks, but I hope to be fine. Seems we all have to go through some health issues at some point in life. I made it this far without once being sick other than a cold. Seriously, always fit and healthy....and then wham!

It's odd what comes to mind when hit with something like a serious health issue. I swear to you the Knicks came to my mind. In hospital in September, unsure of my future, and all I wanted was to see my Knicks in the new season. We finished in fourth place! Starting to look good for the first time in years. Can't wait for new season...and then wham! Bad news from docs. I may not even see my 4th place Knicks new season. Just when they get good, I get bad. But I did make it home and this is going to sound sappy, but I was in bed at home watching the first pre-season game. Kemba Walker walked onto the court with the biggest smile imaginable...and, man, I smiled for the first time in weeks. Kemba smiling and walking on the court lifted me up so much.

1647879450064.png

Yes, I made it to watch my Knicks. 4th place team, let's go Knicks. But then reality struck. We really suck this year. 12th place team! Boy, God really has a strange sense of humor. "OK, MeloTheJazzKiller, I'll let you live...so you can watch another year of the Knicks sucking."

And by the way, I'm glad that the illness didn't weaken me and turn me into a wimp. Just the other day I was in an AT&T store and had some trouble with a worker there. I got right into his face, balled up my fists, got into my stance, and cursed the punk with the most vile things I could think of. The little worm backed down. Cowered.

I wasn't exactly 100% proud of myself because I knew that in past days I would have thrown that schmuck through the plate glass window. Glad that I still have the fire in me to f*** with people who f*** with me. Just upset that I didn't give that jerk what he deserved - a flight through a window.