What's new

Marc Stein: Jazz-Warriors discuss pre-Lottery trade (Source says trade "likely")

I guess we don't want a lottery pick this year if we are making it so they get the pick no matter what.... No kendall marshal...

subjective value

I guess we don't want a lottery pick this year if we are making it so they get the pick no matter what.... No kendall marshal...

I would frame it this way: the pick is subjectively worth more to the Warriors than to the Jazz, so the Jazz are going to try to extract as much value from the Warriors as possible, potentially exploiting GS's desperation and paranoia over possibility of losing the pick. I'll reserve judgment until I see the deal, but I think that the leverage is favorable towards the Jazz (given the "subjective value" of the negotiators). And I have some faith in KOC.

I'd do it for the pick becoming unprotected next year and GSW's 2nd this year.

That would be attractive, especially because GS potentially has 2 firsts and 2 seconds, and no way they are bringing in and developing 4 rookies. My hunch is that GS will want to pawn off one of their seconds (although their first round pick is last, so not that much difference)

Warriors are desperate. I think we can get more from them than just taking off the protection from the pick next year.

I'd do a trade....we only have 26% chance at keeping it anyways and it seems like they're desperate enough to put a dumbhash trade on the block.

they keep their pick + we give them our second rounder next year. They give us their 30th and 35th picks. We give them top-10 protection for their pick next year.

I say we try to fleece these mother ****ers.

I have been saying it all along.

Kevin O Connor does not want to draft anymore players right now. He is going to push more drafting down the road.

I dont think he will obtain their other first or second. Its going to be future.

Darius Miller all day. If we could get Miller and next year's pick unprotected next year, I'd be ecstatic.

I fear he'll make the Jimmy-Butler leap into the late-first round. But, yes. All day.

they keep their pick + we give them our second rounder next year. They give us their 30th and 35th picks. We give them top-10 protection for their pick next year.

Huh?

You would consider that fleecing them? I wouldnt even do that trade.

I don't know if I'd call that fleecing.

Thats that man right there. KOC is going to give that pick back to them for something stupid.

This is what I fully expect to happen.

Warriors get pick this year no matter what. The pick becomes top 4 protected next two years and GS gives us cash.

CASH BABY! THAT WILL BE THE BIG RETURN ON THIS

how about this: they keep their first-rounder under any circumstance, give us their 30th, and the pick is totally unprotected next year. <-- I take that.