What's new

Marc Stein: Jazz-Warriors discuss pre-Lottery trade (Source says trade "likely")

Just get desperate enough.

Why would you do that?

Jefferson is a better player, fits the team better, and has a shorter contract.

The only reason I proposed the trade is because I feel that it has positives and negatives for both teams.

Utah would be restricted from competing in the 2013 FA market for the most part, but would get Lillard (in my scenario I only do it if he is available). He could be a top 10 PG down the line and adds shooting.

New Orleans would miss out on adding more young talent, but would get an extra pick in 2013. They would also be able to be a major player in 2013 FA. Also, they would get a trial run with Jefferson/Davis (HOLY **** THAT IS A GREAT NICKNAME FOR THEIR FRONTCOURT) which could be a potent duo with how they compliment each other.

Intrigued by the idea of Jefferson for Okafor/#10 pick, though I don't really know how good a defender Okafor is these days. If the Hornets wouldn't accept these terms, would you be willing to roll the dice on the GS 2013 pick and add it to the deal? On the face of it, it seems like a steal for the Hornets. But is #10 this year worth more to you than GS 2013 pick? If so, how much more?

Intrigued by the idea of Jefferson for Okafor/#10 pick, though I don't really know how good a defender Okafor is these days. If the Hornets wouldn't accept these terms, would you be willing to roll the dice on the GS 2013 pick and add it to the deal? On the face of it, it seems like a steal for the Hornets. But is #10 this year worth more to you than GS 2013 pick? If so, how much more?

Only if Lillard is there at 10.

There isn't anyone else I'm really in love with enough. Not sure who Lillard is in the NBA, but I think he is a good player who fits the Jazz's character standards.

Man ... Just looked at Okafor's stats (both individual & +/- oriented). I think I'd be extremely cautious about taking him on. Supposed to be a defender, but seemed to have worse D stats than Al this year. Too often injured. Has shown virtually no improvement since his rookie year. All signs point to a player who's not that motivated about to reach 30 years of age.

How true do you suppose that thing was?

No idea, and I did not engage in the million or so (no, I have not actually calculated the true number of rolls a proper investigation would require, it's just a guess) rolls it would take to find out.

Man ... Just looked at Okafor's stats (both individual & +/- oriented). I think I'd be extremely cautious about taking him on. Supposed to be a defender, but seemed to have worse D stats than Al this year. Too often injured. Has shown virtually no improvement since his rookie year. All signs point to a player who's not that motivated about to reach 30 years of age.

Yes, that is why the Hornets would consider giving us the 10th overall pick in a strong draft for our 18-22 in a weaker draft. You have to take some back negative to get something positive.

Was this writer Lillard's mother?

Not his mom, some guy that has covered NBA since 1969. He was the guest, but I missed his name. It was on 1320 just after the draft. He said that Lillards reminded him of Tyreke Evens but bigger (I don't know if that is true) and a better shooter. Said that Charlotte needed a dynamic player to build around and Lillard was only dynamic player after Davis.

Yes, that is why the Hornets would consider giving us the 10th overall pick in a strong draft for our 18-22 in a weaker draft. You have to take some back negative to get something positive.

Also, I think he would still sign a max FA with Okafor on the books?

If we got Okafor the only contracts we would have for 2013 would be the four young dudes (plus the cheap contracts of Carrol and possibly Evans, and possibly whoever we draft in the 2nd round this year) plus Okafor. We could still sign a max guy like Harden (I think), and have Okafor expire in 2014 so we could re-sign Favors and Hayward.

Does that work out? Someone who likes looking at #'s and doing math look at it.

Not his mom, some guy that has covered NBA since 1969. He was the guest, but I missed his name. It was on 1320 just after the draft. He said that Lillards reminded him of Tyreke Evens but bigger (I don't know if that is true) and a better shooter. Said that Charlotte needed a dynamic player to build around and Lillard was only dynamic player after Davis.

So it was his dad? Charlotte should go with Jared Sullinger (good fit next to Biyombo) or Thomas Robinson (Millsap plus size and better athlete, possibly even higher motor).

You normally are one of the smartest people around.

However I disagree. I would rather have Al over Okafur

I like your avatar by the way

Thanks

We can agree to disagree. (Okafor is not offensive minded player and still plays hard when he doesn't get touches. Better ball movement equals better team. Addition by subtraction.)

Thanks

Thanks

We can agree to disagree. (Okafor is not offensive minded player and still plays hard when he doesn't get touches. Better ball movement equals better team. Addition by subtraction.)

Thanks

I'm going to assume you haven't really ever watched him play and definitely haven't watched him play lately.