What's new

Marc Stein: Jazz-Warriors discuss pre-Lottery trade (Source says trade "likely")

I would have preferred a potential franchise bigman like Anthony Davis end up in the Eastern Conference, but perhaps that's just me.

I live by New Orleans and would like to see the basketball team do good. Plus, going to Jazz/Hornets games will be even more exciting.

Probably just became my 2nd favorite team because they no longer have Chris Paul.

I live by New Orleans and would like to see the basketball team do good. Plus, going to Jazz/Hornets games will be even more exciting.

Probably just became my 2nd favorite team because they no longer have Chris Paul.

Traitor. You probably want the Jazz to give the name/logo back too, don't ya?

We could argue their it was #4 pick that slid to #10, and it was their original #10 pick that went to #1. That scenario would give us Golden State's pick. Make it so, Cap'n Stern!! we all KNOW Golden State tanked, and apparently just got away with it...

The flip side is we'll very likely have two 1sts next year and maybe even two lottery picks. That would be two shots at Shabazz. Now, I'm sort of excited again.

FWIW, the local press here in SF has been talking about THE PICK like it's front-page news. The fans in GSW would have gone postal if the Ws didn't get their pick.

How can you possibly make that statement without knowing what was offered?

I'm assuming they just offered next year's pick to be something like Top 3 protected, which isn't going to do much because the Warriors probably won't be that terrible next year. I would assume we are looking at a pick between 8-12 next year.

I'm assuming they just offered next year's pick to be something like Top 3 protected, which isn't going to do much because the Warriors probably won't be that terrible next year. I would assume we are looking at a pick between 8-12 next year.

You know what happens when you assume.