What's new

Mark Bartlestein (Hayward's agent) to be on 97.5/1280 The Zone in 15 minutes

Let's see if we can guess:

Bartelstein is going to deny that Haywood has known that he would be bolting for months. (CHECK)
Bartelstein is going to say that Haywood gave the Jazz a fair shot. (CHECK)
Bartelstein is going to say that all three teams gave very compelling arguments. (CHECK)
Bartelstein is going to say that the leak was untrue. (CHECK)
Bartelstein is going to say that Haywood was legitimately tortured by this decision. (CHECK)
Bartelstein is going to deny that the intervening time between the leak and the official statement was not created by the Haywood team to preserve the Haywood brand.
Bartelstein is going to blast JazzNation for the outcry that ensued between the leak and the official statement. (KINDA CHECK!)
Bartelstein is going to blast those that have threatened harm via Instagram.
Bartelstein is going to say that Haywood loves Utah and the Jazz. (CHECK)
Bartelstein is going to praise the Jazz for the ad in the newspaper yet say that Dennis Lindsey's (very measured and inoffensive) comments at the presser were unfair to Haywood.
Bartelstein is going to deny that he used the Haywood situation to leverage the Ingles contract (which by the way, Ingles is worth it, this is a ****ty narrative that diminishes a perfect glue guy for the Jazz). (CHECK)

Spoiler alert, nobody's point of view is going to change.

And I think all of us can say **** this ****in situation.

BONUS POINTS:
"You gotta pray on it"
Literally the first religious thing that's ever been mentioned with Haywood.
Bartelstein and Dennis Lindsey have been in talks about facilitating a sign and trade. "Absolutely" which makes sense that totally nothing has been happening on that front.
Props for this guy for facing the music on behalf of his client. Man's game requires a man's price.
Checketts is pissesd as all hell.
Haywood has spoken with Quin, texted Dennis, is yet to speak with the Millers. For this

I disagree with Spence that Haywood leaving changes the Utah Jazz and the whole state of Utah. Utah and the Jazz and the Millers and Dennis Lindsey and Quin Snyder are all still here.

That Bartelstein has to defend Haywood not calling Gail Miller yet is incredible.

Last edited:
He wanted to challenge himself to go to a team that has won 17 championships and isn't in the West. GOT IT.

Thanks Colton, but I think I'm going to pass.

The radio guys keep stiring things up saying the fans are feeling this or that.

TBH, I am kind of past it. Ready to find out what the Jazz do next. That is one good reason for Lindsey to act quickly...to change the storylines.

TBH, I am kind of past it. Ready to find out what the Jazz do next. That is one good reason for Lindsey to act quickly...to change the storylines.

Ditto

Wish I have followed you lead. Spence is almost screaming at him. It's a little over the top.

This is tough to listen to - a lot of salt coming from Checketts/Monson, a lot of [edited] from Bartlestein. A lot of anger. Idk. Interesting nontheless...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasn't even spoken to DL or Gail Miller. Classless. After everything the organization did for him, he could only text DL. What a prick. Good riddance. His agent is a bumbling idiot. So predictable. All BS.

Checketts/Monson trying hard to corner him but not working so far.
Bartlestein is a world class sports agent and knows how to handle these attacks.

Bartelstein is going to say that Haywood gave the Jazz a fair shot. (CHECK)

See, I'd love to see someone from Hayward camp actually offer an example of what the Jazz could've done since the season ended to keep him. Since they all claim no decision was made.

Checketts/Monson trying hard to corner him but not working so far.
Bartlestein is a world class sports agent and knows how to handle these attacks.

He may be successful, but not particularly impressed by him based on this call. Doesn't mean he's not good at his job, he's just not good in this particular setting.