What's new

Market value for Gobert will be set this summer by Hassan Whiteside

Those of you who claim that NBA GMs no longer value rim protecting and rebounding centers without 3 point range... well, your hypothesis is about to be tested.

Someone is going to pay beaucoup bucks for Hassan. And when they do, the floor of Rudy's market value is set.

Then we extend Rudy with a max this summer. If not, we match a max for him next summer. Book it.

Rudy's performance was clearly impacted by his injury. Despite this, he was 7th in DRPM with Centers, 3rd in BPG, 7th in RPG, first in rim protection FG%.

PS: I believe that whoever gets Whiteside (I believe it will be the Lakers), will have buyer's remorse. Whiteside wants the money and once he gets it, he will never match last year's performance. Or maybe that is wishful thinking. Whiteside talks a lot about "its a business" while Gobert sincerely is obsessed with improvement, winning and being the best at his position. And while Whiteside has better traditional defensive stats, Rudy has a full point better DRPM, better rim protection, better disciplined defense, better team defense, a much better teammate, etc, etc. Whiteside has a better offensive game and hopefully Rudy improves here.

Of course the coaches value rim protection !!! and of course Gobert will get the max. What remains harder to assess in today's nba is if Gobert and Favors really can have a future together.. But that's another story. if Gobert can stay healthy, have a 12/12/2,5 type of season and keep his great metrics, he'll get the max. If he doesn't ? Well barring a catastrophic injury, he'll get the max too.

Lol. What are you talking about? And who is just looking at blocks?

Whiteside led the league in Defensive Rating. 5th in Defensive Win Shares, 7th in defensive box +/-. 7th in win shares per 48. There isn't a defensive measure out there where DJ is significantly better than Whiteside. Whiteside is going to go out and be respectable at the FT line.

Dumpster fire post. The analytics has already showed Whiteside is better player being on the bench.

eb41a003a65dc5eae8a2cac76e2361b7.jpg

Gobert >>> Whiteside. The Heat had to do it, but I'd feel a hell of a lot more comfortable spending $100 million on Rudy Gobert.

Dumpster fire post. The analytics has already showed Whiteside is better player being on the bench.

eb41a003a65dc5eae8a2cac76e2361b7.jpg
Zzzzzzz.

Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra may disagree. But what do they know? They only have about 10 championships between them. Lol.

The problem with Gobert is that he may have peaked already. He took a step back last year and is a liability on offense. That's a big issue to throw max money at.

I'd do what I said I'd do earlier. Wait and see what happens this year. If Gobert moves forward and not back, then great. If Exum moves forward faster, then I'd rather save that money for Exum than Gobert.

Gobert is a nice player, elite defensively, poor offensively. Useless in the fourth quarter. To give him the max when you don't have a superstar is very dangerous.

The problem with Gobert is that he may have peaked already. He took a step back last year and is a liability on offense. That's a big issue to throw max money at.

I'd do what I said I'd do earlier. Wait and see what happens this year. If Gobert moves forward and not back, then great. If Exum moves forward faster, then I'd rather save that money for Exum than Gobert.

Gobert is a nice player, elite defensively, poor offensively. Useless in the fourth quarter. To give him the max when you don't have a superstar is very dangerous.

If Exum improves to possibly worthy of playing, he should get the max and we should prepare to let Gobert walk in order to use money wisely. Post of the year.