What's new

Market value for Gobert will be set this summer by Hassan Whiteside

Also, does this whole Gobert vs Exum thing not even matter? The Jazz can go over the cap to resign Exum anyways, correct?

That being said, it wouldn't shock me if Whiteside doesn't get the max. Also, it wouldn't shock me if he does. Finally, everyone is tossing max money around because the cap is jumping so much and so consistently and max dollars will be pennies in a couple of years.

It wouldn't shock me to see the max money dry up and salaries drop once the cap quits jumping so high so quickly. That probably doesn't affect Gobert though.

Also, does this whole Gobert vs Exum thing not even matter? The Jazz can go over the cap to resign Exum anyways, correct?

That being said, it wouldn't shock me if Whiteside doesn't get the max. Also, it wouldn't shock me if he does. Finally, everyone is tossing max money around because the cap is jumping so much and so consistently and max dollars will be pennies in a couple of years.

It wouldn't shock me to see the max money dry up and salaries drop once the cap quits jumping so high so quickly. That probably doesn't affect Gobert though.

Even if the cap wasnt jumping, someone would still give Whiteside the max. It would utterly shock me if he didnt.

What kind of NBA world do we live in where we question if a 7' tall player with a 26 PER is getting the max?

lol. Go read what I wrote smart guy. You have the worst reading comprehension on this board.

I only read the post I quoted and didn't miss anything. Maybe you should keep an eye on your writing comprehension.

Lol. What are you talking about? And who is just looking at blocks?

Whiteside led the league in Defensive Rating. 5th in Defensive Win Shares, 7th in defensive box +/-. 7th in win shares per 48. There isn't a defensive measure out there where DJ is significantly better than Whiteside. Whiteside is going to go out and be respectable at the FT line.

Are you aware Miami was better on defense with Whiteside off the court? You can't be elite, and have your defense be worse when you play.

No beef, it's just a dumb thread. Both players are getting the max and I dont think there has been that many people talking out about that not happening.

Are there people saying we *shouldn't* do it? Maybe, but I think everyone here knows both players are getting maxed. There is no market value needed to be set by Whiteside when DeAndre Jordan did it last year (he got maxed). That is why I said dunce because you think the market value is up in the air over players like Gobert and Whiteside and that everyone is waiting to see what happens with Whiteside. It's not, it's the max. Jordan got the max and he has the biggest singular flaw of those 3 players.

Dude, you need some type of remedial help.

You seem to have finally grasped that I believe that both get maxed. And you know that I believe that before Whiteside gets his contract. So with great cognitive dissonance, you somehow you fabricate that "everyone is waiting"

Then you fabricate more that everyone on this site knows Whiteside and Gobert get maxed, using your psychic powers to know everyone's opinion, despite the fact that there have been some debates about what Gobert should and will make.

Please seek help for your sake and ours.

Dude, you need some type of remedial help.

You seem to have finally grasped that I believe that both get maxed. And you know that I believe that before Whiteside gets his contract. So with great cognitive dissonance, you somehow you fabricate that "everyone is waiting"

Then you fabricate more that everyone on this site knows Whiteside and Gobert get maxed, using your psychic powers to know everyone's opinion, despite the fact that there have been some debates about what Gobert should and will make.

Please seek help for your sake and ours.

"Market Value for Gobert will be set this summer by Hassan Whiteside"

I only read the post I quoted and didn't miss anything. Maybe you should keep an eye on your writing comprehension.

Sigh. Sad. Here is what I wrote:

If you can only max three players, I'd rather max Hayward, Favors and possibly Exum before Gobert.

To help you on your comprehension journey, I highlighted a key word that you obviously missed when you posted.

And yes, I'd be very cautious about maxing out a player who is amazing on one side of the court and pretty worthless on the other when I had a kid who I believed was a future star needing a max contract (which the Jazz believe Exum will be a top 2-3 PG in the league). Especially if I was the Utah Jazz and cheap to begin with.

Sigh. Sad. Here is what I wrote:

To help you on your comprehension journey, I highlighted a key word that you obviously missed when you posted.

And yes, I'd be very cautious about maxing out a player who is amazing on one side of the court and pretty worthless on the other when I had a kid who I believed was a future star needing a max contract (which the Jazz believe Exum will be a top 2-3 PG in the league). Especially if I was the Utah Jazz and cheap to begin with.

I think he read possibly and replied accordingly.

"Dante Exum - despite every early indication to the contrary - could possibly be the greatest player ever."

Bullet-proofed.

But seriously, I would be very pleasantly surprised if Exum is ever a top-50 player in the league, which Gobert already comfortably is. He's also the heart and soul of this team and the most important anchor in the NBA defensively. Furthermore, Exum has only shown himself to be a one-sided player also.

The book on Exum hasn't been concluded, but from what we know to this point, I don't think clearing the books for his max contract is sound by any stretch.

But seriously, I would be very pleasantly surprised if Exum is ever a top-50 player in the league, which Gobert already comfortably is. He's also the heart and soul of this team and the most important anchor in the NBA defensively. Furthermore, Exum has only shown himself to be a one-sided player also.
A top-50 player which a coach can't afford to leave on the court in crunch time of a close game, riiiight.

No, I read everything you wrote. It's all equally pointless and unnecessary.

Yeah, I don't see why Gobert's value will be set after Whiteside's.

Gobert is a max player, period. If we get to sign him for less than that (hometown discount) we would be lucky.