What's new

Game Thread May 10, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Warriors

Added to Calendar: 05-10-21

Looking at the standings in the West:

top four teams have lost the last game (Jazz and Suns) or the last two games. fifth and sixth teams have 8-2 for the last ten games. Lakers and Spurs are the only ones with less than 6-4. I think that's "Competitive" in the West.

The Lakers are supposed to be bringing LeBron back tonight, but they can't reach the 4 seed from here, so it means they don't want to do the Suns or Utah in the first round. They're just trying to evade the play in round. "Arrogance of Power" is the essence of the Lakers. I don't think they really have the power this year. We need the 1 seed to evade the Lakers and hope the Suns knock them out.

This is not going to be a picnic in the park. I think we can beat every other team in the series context. The finals won't be a piece of cake for whoever comes out of the West.

Competitive all the way.

I really don't think there is a " favorite" in the West this year with all the variables. Had Mitchell and Conley been back this week to recalibrate I would say us, but alas it's not to be. Any team that gets hot could potentially represent the west.

It's not like Warriors are at full strength either, though. No Oubre and Wiseman hurts some, but there's still Klay...
lmao. Wiseman and Oubre dont compare to Mitchell/Conley and Klay isnt playing this year, so he's not in the equation.

lmao. Wiseman and Oubre dont compare to Mitchell/Conley and Klay isnt playing this year, so he's not in the equation.
If you're talking moral wins and not, if I'm a Warriors fan I definitely count in missing Klay. This Warriors team is Curry, Draymond and change plus Mulder and Scu^H^H^HPoole off the bench. I think I'd celebrate a win over a shorthanded top seed.

If you're talking moral wins and not, if I'm a Warriors fan I definitely count in missing Klay. This Warriors team is Curry, Draymond and change plus Mulder and Scu^H^H^HPoole off the bench. I think I'd celebrate a win over a shorthanded top seed.
That said, of course Wiseman and Oubre is nowhere near Mitchell/Conley, no argument there. But they are also shorthanded, and a much worse team to begin with.
And I agree that Jazz would probably be favorites without Mitchell/Conley, but just barely.

Two of those were after the game was decided so it’s kinda rough. They said there was no foul on the Rudy rebound miss... that three shot foul was a killer... if jc falls to the ground he gets it... prolly. Basically up 4 or 5 with 30 seconds left and I think you can say we winning that one. Rough.

Two of those were after the game was decided so it’s kinda rough. They said there was no foul on the Rudy rebound miss... that three shot foul was a killer... if jc falls to the ground he gets it... prolly. Basically up 4 or 5 with 30 seconds left and I think you can say we winning that one. Rough.
Yeah but the out of bounds could have been reviewed. You never know, they might have found .2 more seconds on the clock or w/e and it would have given the Jazz a chance. It was ridiculous they didnt review it.

Yeah but the out of bounds could have been reviewed. You never know, they might have found .2 more seconds on the clock or w/e and it would have given the Jazz a chance. It was ridiculous they didnt review it.
Can anyone tell me what happened on the weird in bound play when Favs blocked Green and then Green jumped up and it looked like he hit Favs while he was inbounding. Dray had both feet out of bounds. It was a weird play and I was shocked there wasn't some sort of call there.

giphy.gif

NBA admits four incorrect no calls/incorrect calls went against the Jazz in the last two minutes. The biggest was not calling a foul when Clarkson was mugged in the act of shooting. Was Tim Donaghy one of the refs?