What's new

Game Thread May 31, 2021 07:30PM MT: Jazz at Grizzlies - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 05-31-21

I think the Grizz need to decide which guards/wings they are keeping. Melton should be playing a little more. He's been rough until last night but hasn't seen the floor enough and he's the type of defender I think is more effective on Mike and DM. Allen, Bane, Melton off the bench is solid but I think a couple of those guys will need some additional time next year. Also have Winslow, who sucks, getting big checks and no time. Wonder what they do this summer. Its a good problem to have.

I think the Grizz need to decide which guards/wings they are keeping. Melton should be playing a little more. He's been rough until last night but hasn't seen the floor enough and he's the type of defender I think is more effective on Mike and DM. Allen, Bane, Melton off the bench is solid but I think a couple of those guys will need some additional time next year. Also have Winslow, who sucks, getting big checks and no time. Wonder what they do this summer. Its a good problem to have.
dont forget Clarke (you know the guy some people freaked out about not drafting due to the Conley trade who is now getting ZERO minutes)

what worries me is the jazz are turning the ball over to the likes of KYLE "cement feet" anderson. If the jazz get past the grizzlies they will most likely face the clippers next round, who are even tougher on defense.
We had 11 turnovers. That isn't bad
iirc the grizzlies led the league in steals or something.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

As measured by defensive rating, the grizzlies are 6th and the clippers are 7th. And the grizzlies were #1 in the nba this season for steals.

The grizzlies were objectively either equal or just a bit better than the clippers this year by pretty much any defensive metric. Now offensively the clippers are much better, that's where we will really be tested. Can we stop them where they have 2 of the best wings in the nba and we keep making scrubs like Brooks look like Michael Jordan.
I think we can defend them. They don't have that dynamic small quick guard that gives us fits

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

dont forget Clarke (you know the guy some people freaked out about not drafting due to the Conley trade who is now getting ZERO minutes)
They prolly need a consolidation trade at some point... maybe a move up trade on draft night.

Somewhat surprised Clarke is completely absent... think he had some missed time this year because of injury... he is still pretty interesting. Scores in the midrange with some floater stuff so would think he might have some success there. Prolly not a good enough defensive anchor though. He’s definitely a tricky fit.

We had 11 turnovers. That isn't bad
iirc the grizzlies led the league in steals or something.
Grizz probably caused about half dozen of our TOs. The rest of them were just crazy passes, careless ballhandling.
I guess there's still an amount of mental pressure even on these ones, playing a team that "makes it feel a 10 advantage feels like a 2 one" (paraphrasing some of our guys Conley or Mitchel iirc...)
Grizz deserve fair credit for playing top notch hard, which I think could end up being good for our guys as it is their physical and mental thoughness that are still in trial. The basketball resources are there in place for a long run.

Kyle Anderson has long arms with quick hands. No surprise to me he's picked our pockets multiple times each game. We haven't learned our lesson of iso'ing against him

And we haven't even mentioned the size of his forehead yet!

I think Ja is playing frustrated. Maybe because hes getting schooled by Mike, in his own house, that Mike built!